Bought a lot in Escondido Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I just closed on a lot in Escondido Bay. It was pricey, but I'm hoping that the level of the community will justify the cost. I will be building a 4 bedroom house sometime in the coming year, and selling my condo in Tropimar. I will be using a young builder whose company is Legend Homes. He is building the first house in the development, and doing a beautiful job.

If you have not seen the area, it's worth a look. Right now, you enter through Playa Laguna. It is a newly paved road, and the lots are numbered. - D

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Congrats Danny....

....that's very exciting. When do you break ground? I hope you'll keep us informed as the house progresses and especially about your satisfaction with the builder. Good luck.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I looked at Escondido when deciding to build and was very tempted by the views and the closeness to a very nice beach. I've looked at the house that Legend is building there and looks amazing. These lots are some of the best on the market BUT they haven't sold for almost a year now and there is a reason behind it: John Bommarrito is behind this. Ask anyone in town about him.

Good luck in your new project and I'm sure you'll anjoy this beautiful area.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
ecarignan said:
I looked at Escondido when deciding to build and was very tempted by the views and the closeness to a very nice beach. I've looked at the house that Legend is building there and looks amazing. These lots are some of the best on the market BUT they haven't sold for almost a year now and there is a reason behind it: John Bommarrito is behind this. Ask anyone in town about him.

Good luck in your new project and I'm sure you'll anjoy this beautiful area.

Actually, one half of the lots are sold already, and the road has just been paved for one month. John Bommarito doesn't go out of his way to be a diplomat, and he's not running for office. But he has certainly accomplished a helluva lot, and he had what I wanted. I found him to be a guy with tremendous energy, who says what's on his mind and certainly knows what he's talking about. He also seems determined to have Escondido Bay become a first class development. John didn't get where he is today by being a patsy, and he doesn't appear to be mellowing with age. I've read the bad press about him as well as about many other people. I can only say that my experience so far has been good. - D

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Hi Danny,

I agree this project should be first class. I really liked the view there. I was concerned why not all the lots would be sold by now with the low price and perfect location but I'm not the only one not buying because of John. I've never had any problems with John but know a few that have and his reputation in town is pretty bad.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
ecarignan said:
Hi Danny,

I agree this project should be first class. I really liked the view there. I was concerned why not all the lots would be sold by now with the low price and perfect location but I'm not the only one not buying because of John. I've never had any problems with John but know a few that have and his reputation in town is pretty bad.

I don't know what you consider to be a low price, but the lots are going for $70 US per sq. meter. Regarding John's reputation, were're talking about the DR, the capitol of gossip. I have head people putting down Juan Perdomo as well. In fact, impossible as it may seem, one or 2 people have said a bad word about me!! I'm glad to know that you have not had any problems with him yourself. I'm not marrying John, just buying some property. - D

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Bad rap

Been hearing the same this for a few years concernng John B. but I have had some business dealings with his son Chip and he's a horse of a different color. Seems like a straight shooter to me.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I haven't done business with John on my own account but did handle some business for a friend and it all went smoothly and as planned and had dealings with a property that I financed and that also went as planned.

I have heard some aweful things about John and I KNOW he can be difficult but as long as he does business with me in the correct way I can't and won't knock him. He is an easy target, thats for sure!

Scott

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
We looked at those properties as well and were very tempted. The reason we decided against was the reputation of his other projects. Terramar seems to be impossible for resales and the project next to these new lots was supposed to be a gated community but didn't work. I hope the new project has better success.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
wayne said:
We looked at those properties as well and were very tempted. The reason we decided against was the reputation of his other projects. Terramar seems to be impossible for resales and the project next to these new lots was supposed to be a gated community but didn't work. I hope the new project has better success.

My very limited experience tells me that the determining factor in a community is the residents. I hear stories about Perla Marina and Lomas Mironas which revolve around the residents not being willing to pay for proper services. I know that in my condo we're always strapped because people are behind in their payments. I don't know about El Choco, but in Sea Horse Ranch they pay a fortune in fees. In Escondido Bay, the monthly fees will cover garbage pickup and security. We have streetlights, good water pressure and underground electric wiring. The beach is beautiful and the weather is out of our control. If the residents work togerther to create a good community, it will work. It not, it's our fault. - D

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
I've been told Sea Horse ranch will run you about 1500us a month with electricity and fees. Haciendas el Choco is 2500us per year for fees and electricity is not supplied by the development therefore no inflated price. If your new community is successful in establishing a good home owners association with proper services and security the area will be a great success and should show a huge increase in value. Good luck.

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Hi Danny,

I bought the House in lot 50 (Escondido Bay). So I continued the project that has been on hold for 2 years. Hope to see you in near future!

tringali

Oct 27, 2009
I understand the part about being a good & honest business man. for 27 yrs. I have lived in the Dominican Republic & would have been eaten for lunch many times without a little business expierence. The both projects have been very successful compared to normal standards, there is always a lot of hear say in a small community.Some people listen to talk but the majority know it is just that talk ! Oh & a few that wish they had the ability to work & live in Sosua, Dominican Republic for 27 yrs.& produce as we have. sincerely John Bommarito Ask your Lawyer about our reputation. They will tell you the truth?? Good luck on your choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.