Fundaci?n Global Conference on Island Cooperation on the Environment

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A Bunch Of "Fat Cat" NGO Int.Officials Eating Good and Doing Nothing!!

As we all know,the DR is a"Shining Example" of the Ecological Mis-Management of a Country! "PPPPAAAAAAllleeeeeeeeezzzzzz"! :cry:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You have such a grand way with words ;) But sometimes words do get something started. I think this is a good thing that the DR hosted this conference. Now, if it can only be followed up in some way. Perhaps here on the DR1 we can start telling good stories? Are there any?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Well, Tom (CC) loves to mock what he knows little about, usually for entertainment value. :cheeky: He didn't attend, doesn't know who did, who organized, and what its intended outcomes are. He's just reacting to an article that included some euphoric hyperbole...

I, on the other hand, do know the organizers, met some of the attendees, did attend part of it, and will be posting about it, now that I'm back in the States and have full-time internet access. Stay tuned.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After 30 Plus years of Getting "Funding" For "Medical Research",I Know

how the systems work!
In the medical field a "few" things actually get done! But the "NGOs" in the "Social Welfare" field,"World Banking" and especially the,"Tree Phuckers"just travel around the World to beautiful and exciting Conference Destinations, stay in expensive hotels and resorts,eat "Pate",caviar,steak and lobster,washed down with French Champagne!!! and have meetings where they present their "Data",and congratulate eachother on doing such fine work!!

"Intelectual Welfare"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Nada Man,ni Nada Menos"!!!!!!!!!!!

Have all the "fancy" meetins you want here in the DR,it ain't going to work.You don't take the "DR MENTALITY" into the equation!!

For example!
During the "Hipolito Reign",the government bought Thousands of aluminuim "Dumpsters",about 6ft.by 4ft.by 5 ft.! They were on wheels,with a snug fitting hinged top.Probably worth about $1,500 Dollars,they probably paid about $5,ooo dollars each!(Millions in "Kickback" to the "PRD"!)
Also had to buy special garbage trucks to lift the dumpsters and dump the garbage into the trucks!Great idea to keep the streets of "La Capital"clean!
Where are those "Dumpsters" today??? Are the streets of "La Capital" clean.How can the "mayor of Santo Domingo,"Roberto Salcedo" keep the city clean when he is at the "Financial Mercy" of the National Government,and they won't give him the funds he needs,and is legislated to receive,to pick up the garbage????
To answer my own question,The "Dumpsters" fell apart in less than six months!Now here is a "Sidebar",while driving with "Escott" from Puerto Plata to Sosua for his "4th of July Fiesta",we passed a huge lot,filled with unused "Dumpsters"!!! Must have been at least 500 of them! Nearly completely overgrown with vines and brush!!My guess is that they never got the trucks to pick them up on the North Shore!!!My other guess is that the whole program came out of a "Similar Meeting" of the meeting held here last month!!

As long as people like "Kofi Anan's" son are put in charge of the "Oil For Food" (Better said, "$$$$$ FOR KOFI"!)program in Iraq,I will stand by my opinion of "NGOs" and their self serving programs!!!
"People who have no idea of the capabilities of the country they are making recomendations about!!
Look at the "Used, Coal Fired" electric generating facilities we nearly bought last month."500 million US,50 million us for the official who signs the contract!!
Please Keith,lets see the brilliant ideas that came out of the meeting!I can hardly wait to "Pick Their Bones"!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Porfirio

Aug 30, 2005
pulmonary problems

Criss Colon said:
how the systems work!
In the medical field a "few" things actually get done! But the "NGOs" in the "Social Welfare" field,"World Banking" and especially the,"Tree Phuckers"just travel around the World to beautiful and exciting Conference Destinations, stay in expensive hotels and resorts,eat "Pate",caviar,steak and lobster,washed down with French Champagne!!! and have meetings where they present their "Data",and congratulate eachother on doing such fine work!!

"Intelectual Welfare"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Nada Man,ni Nada Menos"!!!!!!!!!!!

Have all the "fancy" meetins you want here in the DR,it ain't going to work.You don't take the "DR MENTALITY" into the equation!!

For example!
During the "Hipolito Reign",the government bought Thousands of aluminuim "Dumpsters",about 6ft.by 4ft.by 5 ft.! They were on wheels,with a snug fitting hinged top.Probably worth about $1,500 Dollars,they probably paid about $5,ooo dollars each!(Millions in "Kickback" to the "PRD"!)
Also had to buy special garbage trucks to lift the dumpsters and dump the garbage into the trucks!Great idea to keep the streets of "La Capital"clean!
Where are those "Dumpsters" today??? Are the streets of "La Capital" clean.How can the "mayor of Santo Domingo,"Roberto Salcedo" keep the city clean when he is at the "Financial Mercy" of the National Government,and they won't give him the funds he needs,and is legislated to receive,to pick up the garbage????
To answer my own question,The "Dumpsters" fell apart in less than six months!Now here is a "Sidebar",while driving with "Escott" from Puerto Plata to Sosua for his "4th of July Fiesta",we passed a huge lot,filled with unused "Dumpsters"!!! Must have been at least 500 of them! Nearly completely overgrown with vines and brush!!My guess is that they never got the trucks to pick them up on the North Shore!!!My other guess is that the whole program came out of a "Similar Meeting" of the meeting held here last month!!

As long as people like "Kofi Anan's" son are put in charge of the "Oil For Food" (Better said, "$$$$$ FOR KOFI"!)program in Iraq,I will stand by my opinion of "NGOs" and their self serving programs!!!
"People who have no idea of the capabilities of the country they are making recomendations about!!
Look at the "Used, Coal Fired" electric generating facilities we nearly bought last month."500 million US,50 million us for the official who signs the contract!!
Please Keith,lets see the brilliant ideas that came out of the meeting!I can hardly wait to "Pick Their Bones"!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Very interesting submissions. My concern has been the polution of the air, by cars that should have been junked many years ago. Couple this with the number of people smoking and an impending health crises may be already here. No published figures of lung cancer, emphsema or related heart disease is made available. Many motorcycles spew more carbon, and polutants into the air we breath than jet aircraft. I suggest that a systematic program of forcing cleaner gasoline and diesel engines be enforced and hold up the ticketing of drivers without seat belts or talking on a cell phone. Cancer and emphasema are much more important to create a program of avoidance rather than fill the underfunded hospitals. The $350 million given to Margarita Gomez to furish the court building would be well spent for the health of our citizens.