Initiation

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
This morning on my way to work, I finally had my big initiation to the DR - my first motoconcho wreck.

There is a lot of talk about what the various types of honking horns signify and I think most of us who live here are familiar with what they mean. But apparently a horn blast that lasts for about 8 seconds with no pause means

"Watch the F out!!! I am getting ready to run into you, knock your bike over and throw your passenger on her big fat arse!! Look out, here I come!"

Ouch. Does anyone have any Vicodin?

I try to use the same motoconcho driver when I leave my house so I think I am going to buy him a shirt that one of my friends with a Harley back home has. You know the one that says in big letters on the back -

"If you can read this, the bitch fell off"

Appropriate, right?

And of course, the driver who hit us didn't stop, he just gave some kind of a friendly wave out his window. I had to do a double take and make sure it wasn't my friend driving the getaway car because he has a penchant for hitting motoconchos. And sweetheart if you are reading this then you know who you are!

Be careful everyone,

Sunnie

L

lovesthebeach

Sunnie,

Just wanted to say how much I love reading your posts.

You are giving a fresh opinion to these forums and I look forward to reading the next and the next and the next!!

Thanks
LTB :classic:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Tip of the Day!

There is a lot of talk about what the various types of honking horns signify and I think most of us who live here are familiar with what they mean. But apparently a horn blast that lasts for about 8 seconds with no pause means...

I've found out that there's nothing that catches the attention of motoconchos (or any other publico or private driver for that matter) than the insistent blowing on a police whistle (you can get them in most sporting goods stores or departments). I have one within easy reach while driving. Works great to clear up locks at intersections, while waving frantically out the window and directing other drivers to back up or move forward to clear the way.

Simbul

May 26, 2005
sunshine_79 said:
....I try to use the same motoconcho driver when I leave my house so I think I am going to buy him a shirt that one of my friends with a Harley back home has. You know the one that says in big letters on the back -

"If you can read this, the bitch fell off" .....

Sunnie

LOL, I'm not laughing at your pain, but that is a great idea for a tee shirt!!! I shared it with some of my co-workers who drive bikes. Be careful, and keep shining!!!

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Funny, funny, funny

It's odd that this post comes up. When I was there I and Alberto came across a motoconcho accident after we dropped you and Joanne off, and I'm not quite sure whether or not the guy made it. What I do know is that he didn't move an inch during the time that we had stopped to check it out. That is why I prefer to ride in a cab as opposed to those motoconchos. If I am involved in an accident, I want someting between my a$$ and that asphalt when it happens. LOL. Hope you're fine.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am glad, as we all are, that it was

Just your butt that got dented....sorry for the scare.

Another lesson learned?

HB :p:p:p

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Just your butt that got dented....sorry for the scare.

Another lesson learned?

HB :p:p:p

Yes ... wear full body armor when I venture out on a bike. In addition to the bruise the size of Canada on my butt I also have my first Dominican tattoo on my leg from the muffler. It's pretty!

How's the judo going, HB?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
"Watch the F out!!! I am getting ready to run into you, knock your bike over and throw your passenger on her big fat arse!! Look out, here I come!"

EXACTLY what happened to me in February !! The *** didn't stop either.... I was more pist that he made me drop my beer !

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
I also have my first Dominican tattoo on my leg from the muffler. It's pretty!
I got one of those Biotch's too ..... they kill at first and the blister kept getting bigger and bigger ..

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
I've been lucky enuf (thus far) to avoid the dominican tattoo but I have burned the bottoms of a few pairs of shoes! Who'd have thought thats NOT where your sposed to put yer feet!