La Isabela

Cronin_Andrea

Aug 25, 2005
has anyone being to La Isabela?
I'm planning to buy some land to build a small villa, I visited last year with my family and it was affordable. Can someone let me know more about personal experience.
Thanks

Cronin_Andrea

Aug 25, 2005
Rocky said:
What would you like to know?

We are wanting to know more about the day to day lifestyle there.

We have been there and like it (love the bay). We like the fact that it is a little off the beaten track but also a little "up and coming". We have spent a great deal of time in Santiago and want to get away from the high crime, low relaxation city life for more a tourist's existance.

Share your opinion of Isabella and/or Luperon or Puerto Colon?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cronin_Andrea said:
We are wanting to know more about the day to day lifestyle there.

We have been there and like it (love the bay). We like the fact that it is a little off the beaten track but also a little "up and coming". We have spent a great deal of time in Santiago and want to get away from the high crime, low relaxation city life for more a tourist's existance.

Share your opinion of Isabella and/or Luperon or Puerto Colon?
I know little about the daily life and haven't even been through there for over 5 years.
You surely know more about it than I do.
Are you now living in the country?

Cronin_Andrea

Aug 25, 2005
Rocky said:
I know little about the daily life and haven't even been through there for over 5 years.
You surely know more about it than I do.
Are you now living in the country?

No, we live in NYC but are growing tired of it rapidly!

My wife is originally from Santiago, we have an apartment and some land out there. We used to go for vacation and planned on building a house there but the city isnt really very nice anymore and generally not safe for a blanquito.

Her mother moved to Isabella a few years ago. It looks like there is a lot of development going on out there perhaps to try and capitalize on the decline of POP. Check our this new development for example. www.puertocolondr.com.

I don't speak spanish and here in the states I have a pretty decent paying sales job. BUT sometimes I just want to say $#%^& it and grab a hammock, a day job and a Presidente, send the kids to an english school and stop chasing.

Cronin_Andrea

Aug 25, 2005
oh, and we wouldnt buy in that development at all, prolly buy a nice peice of land off the beaten track and build a house for a mere fraction of the cost.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As your wife is from here, it sure would go a long way in making the transition to Isabela a lot easier.
It's a bit far from everything, but that may be what you want.
What about Guananico?
It's a bit closer and the people seem really decent.
There are some superb pieces of land, once you get off the highway.