A Government's Betrayal

Simbul

May 26, 2005
I started a thread about this in Debates but it may have been more appropriate here. I am stunned the government would agree to give up part of its autonomy to businesses for 99 years, let alone let them dictate the use of the island and penalize the country!!! I know there isn't much transparency in the DR government, but this is probably astonishing to other countries' leaders as well.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's never going to happen. It's another Metro.

More smoke and mirrors to deflect attention and give the newspapers something to chase and bite onto.

Simbul

May 26, 2005
Hope So

Robert said:
It's never going to happen. It's another Metro.

More smoke and mirrors to deflect attention and give the newspapers something to chase and bite onto.

Well for the general population, I hope so. The potential for hidden abuse is astronomical. I think you may be right. The logic behind a nation actually doing something of this magnitude is pure insanity.

Porfirio

Aug 30, 2005
Porfirio

Simbul said:
I started a thread about this in Debates but it may have been more appropriate here. I am stunned the government would agree to give up part of its autonomy to businesses for 99 years, let alone let them dictate the use of the island and penalize the country!!! I know there isn't much transparency in the DR government, but this is probably astonishing to other countries' leaders as well.

DR Leaders from the beginning have used their Presidential Office to further their own agenda for themselves, and groups of ?hangers on?.There will always be an ?underclass?to serve those who control the Banks, and Major Businesses. Betrayal by those we elect to protect us is the reality of life here in the DR. Try attending a political rally and see how our professional masters? produce a show?that keeps the attendees in line. Wearing pre-planned uniforms (hats & colored shirts) the participants are motivated by mass hysteria including loud blaring drums & deafening amplified music. This is a tactic that is practiced throughout the world by infamous Dictators such as Hitler & Musolini to lead the masses to falsely believe that they are in the inner circle. In reality only the top few will forever be in the so called ?inner circle?. For us low peons only promises are Included such as a low paying job, or a bit of authority to masterbate us into zombie like humans. Giving too many guns to unqualified untrained people is dangerous but gives all those carrying a side arm a drug like high, but this nonesense is resulting in many deaths & wounding of people, including settleing family fueds, and personal friction. When will we wake up, and demand a decent education for our children and quality health care for all. These necessities could easily be paid for by elliminating the rampant corruption. Specifically putting those involved in the pilferage of ?Plan Renove?in jail and recovering the millions they stole,and have the $350 million given to Margarita Gomez returned to the People. Stop Police stealing hundeds of autos, and stop the proposed building of a subway that will cost billions of dollars and paralyze the Capitol for years, while a monorail would be more feasable, cheaper and cause minimal disruption to our Capitol