Honeymoon in Puerto Plata, Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvgworker

Aug 30, 2005
I have posted this question a couple of places around the boards, but I thought it might be better to post it as a new thread. My fiance' and I are taking our honeymoon in DR the first week in October at the hacienda tropical. I was looking for some recommendations for tours/excursions that might be recommended? Something snorkel/scuba related, something cultural, something FUN, ect. Anything would help!! Also, we have been advised to bring school supplies (pencils, pens, crayons, markers, paper, ect) with us to donate to the local elementary schools. This was presented to us as "an expected part of some of the tours". I was just wondering if anyone else found this to be true. We definately don't mind contributing, but at the same time it sounds kind of fishy/odd. Thanks for your help.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
cvgworker said:
I have posted this question a couple of places around the boards, but I thought it might be better to post it as a new thread. My fiance' and I are taking our honeymoon in DR the first week in October at the hacienda tropical. I was looking for some recommendations for tours/excursions that might be recommended? Something snorkel/scuba related, something cultural, something FUN, ect. Anything would help!! Also, we have been advised to bring school supplies (pencils, pens, crayons, markers, paper, ect) with us to donate to the local elementary schools. This was presented to us as "an expected part of some of the tours". I was just wondering if anyone else found this to be true. We definately don't mind contributing, but at the same time it sounds kind of fishy/odd. Thanks for your help.

Hi, search this board and you will find alots of suggestions of tours in and around Puerto Plata.
School supplies are more than welcome, and at your hotel, that is part of the Fundacion Patria, that help local schools, you can leave it. They will be very grateful.

You can do alots of things, stroll around in Puerto Plata, go on a day on the catamarans with snorkeling and lunch/drinks included. You can go on a jeep safari to the countryside, snorkle and relax by the beach. Maybe do a day trip to Sosua, just 30 min away or dine there one of the evenings.
Golf is just around the corner of the hotel.
There?s alot to do, and you will for sure not be bored! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.