Visa to the US

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Hello Everyone!

I am in the process of trying to get my in-laws set up for a interview @ the US Consulate for a tourist visa. My husband can not sponsor them, since he has not yet become a US Citizen.

We are hoping that they can receive a Tourist Visa, even if it is for just one entry, to be there for the Baptism of our first child. I know that only a small % of Dominicans are granted a Tourist Visa, but considering they are in their 60's, have strong ties to the DR, are very involved with the Church, own property, etc. What are their chances of getting a visa???? My husband and I are available to fly down for their interview, if need be. Does it make a difference that I am non-hispanic and a US Citizen born and breed here?

Any comments, would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
They sound more qualified than most. The ties and the loot seem to be big influencers with INS.

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
ricktoronto said:
They sound more qualified than most. The ties and the loot seem to be big influencers with INS.

Rick,

They don't have much money in the bank, but do have their own home.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Good luck, I know how frustrating this process is...hope it all works out for you and your family.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
And a letter of recommendation from your Congressman may help. Like a statement of how You are a good, upstanding constituent of his and all help by the embassy would be apreciated in securing you in-laws visa. No bureaucrat in the embassy wants to rock the boat. He doesn't know how close your ties are to the Congressman. Usually the Congressman is willing to help his constituents with something like this.