Santo domingo to Puerto plata

liondeoro

Aug 25, 2005
Planning a trip with my wife we are going to be in SD for a few days going to Jimani for a few days then when back in the city going to PP to an AI. Can any one refer me to a flight, charter bus that can get me there and back on time and at a reasonable rate?
thnx

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Caribe and Metro run cheap, comfortable, air conditioned coaches many times a day from SD to POP and other points north via santiago. Search the forums on Metro or Caribe.

liondeoro

Aug 25, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Caribe and Metro run cheap, comfortable, air conditioned coaches many times a day from SD to POP and other points north via santiago. Search the forums on Metro or Caribe.
How much does it cost?..how long will it take? and where do I catch the bus? and where would it drop me off? and also the return trip.

macmasher

Jul 13, 2004
Can't resist...

prediction...
soon (unless he sees this post first) "ggn420 - Brain Doner" will chime in, saying...
-----------------------
"You can fly Aero Domca or Air Santo Domingo.....they have daily flights, cost is about 50US and take under an hour. Both fly from Herrera airportSDQ."
-----------------------
Then ricktoronto (and others) will respond... pointing out the absurdity of this often-repeated suggestion.

Just having a little fun (grin)

macmasher

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
GGN420 got punted.

Even if there are flights and with all the years of posts I have never been convinced there are any really reliable ones in country, I think the hullaballoo required and the time needed take a flight vs. 4 hours on the bus at 1/20th the price (if that much) makes buses a more appropriate choice. Plus you get to see stuff and aren't risking your life on a Dominican only certified "airline".

Even here in Toronto the express train to Montreal (downtown to downtown) that takes a little less than 5 hours is really as fast as the sum of a 1 hour flight plus the time required to and from the airport, then waiting in checkin lines, security , boarding and delays, and has 1st class for the cost of coach air plus legroom and scenery. Same idea.

liondeoro

Aug 25, 2005
Bus Stop to Sunvillage?

How far is Caribe Tours Puerto Plata stop from the Sun Village resort?