Tatoo idea's

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
My wife and I are thinking of getting a new tatoo for our anniversary. We thought we would go the ethnic route this time. It's fairly easy to think of Irish stuff but what about my Dominican side. Anyone got any idea's? Some kinda historical insignia or something meaningful to Dominican culture or history?

eiregi

Jan 1, 2005
Irish Republic Flag

irishdominican - i got a irish republic flag about 15 years ago on my calf... small but noticeable... people always comment on it plus it's well hidden for business... if i were a mutt... i'd consider both flags on each calf... currently... i've placed the fierce black mallard (also know as the noblest of beasts - daffy duck) on me other calf ;)

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
irishdomician said:
My wife and I are thinking of getting a new tatoo for our anniversary. We thought we would go the ethnic route this time. It's fairly easy to think of Irish stuff but what about my Dominican side. Anyone got any idea's? Some kinda historical insignia or something meaningful to Dominican culture or history?

a lady goes to a tatoo parlor. she asks the tatto guy to tatto a thanksgiving turkey on the top of her left leg. she also asks him to tatoo a christmas tree on the other leg. when the tatoo artist asks her why she is getting a turkey and a christmas tree, she says,"my husband is always complaning that their is nothing to eat between thanksgiving and christmas.''

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
paddy said:
a lady goes to a tatoo parlor. she asks the tatto guy to tatto a thanksgiving turkey on the top of her left leg. she also asks him to tatoo a christmas tree on the other leg. when the tatoo artist asks her why she is getting a turkey and a christmas tree, she says,"my husband is always complaning that their is nothing to eat between thanksgiving and christmas.''
ha ha ha ...too funny, and kinda sad that she has to go to those measures to get some!!!! ;)

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
That was a good one!!

paddy said:

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
drloca said:
ha ha ha ...too funny, and kinda sad that she has to go to those measures to get some!!!! ;)
all kidding aside....tatoos are not a good idea..i have 6.. after 40 or more years on my body..yuk..big mistake..and to have them done in the dr should be out of the question. my opinion.

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
Dragonfly32837 said:
He's not a forward thinking Dominican fella. He probably has African and Dominican parents.

I don't know enough about my african culture( and probably never will) to put something like that on my body.

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
I don't think so.....

Dragonfly32837 said:
He's not a forward thinking Dominican fella. He probably has African and Dominican parents.

I believe his dude (his name is victor) was born and raised in the DR and now lives in the Midwest reigon of the US. Somewhere along the line he became "conscious" a la, Piri Thomas :chinese:.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why Would Anyone Desecrate The "TEMPLEL-OF-GOD" With A TaToo?

How "Blasfemous!!! Shame Will Surely Befall You! The "Devil"s WORK!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :cry:

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
the way I see it in your terms

Criss Colon said:
How "Blasfemous!!! Shame Will Surely Befall You! The "Devil"s WORK!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :cry:

most people choose to decorate the temple of God (wearing clothes) right, well I don't ever take my decorations off. Besides I'm not going to crazy.

IIIIIrrrrriiiiiiiissssssshhhhhhddddddooooooommmmmmmiiiiinnnniiiicccccaaaaannnn ;)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
How about a sparkplug on your chest?

Or how about a tribal arm band. No one's thought of that yet.

"Tatoos are permanent reminders of fleeting emotions"

Dr. Common Sense

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Actually,I have a "LOT" of Tatoos!

I was just hoping to draw "fire" from someone!!
All my "Tats" have some kind of personal meaning.I don't recommend any "Yosematee Sams",or Tasmanian Devils"! Getting "Tatooed" in the USA is dangerous enough.Never do it here!! CC

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
How about something tough, like the Dominican Naval Flag? ;)

DORE0008.GIF

AFROTAINOKING

Dec 22, 2005
Wrong

Dragonfly32837 said:
I ACCIDENTLY STUMBLED ON TO THIS THREAD AFTER DOING A SEARCH FOR MY AOL SCREENNAME. IT WAS INTERESTING TO SEE SOMETHING I DESIGNED BEING USED AS A TATOO DISCUSSION. I POSTED THIS DESIGN ON AFROLATINO.COM, IT WAS A LINK TO MY OWN PERSONAL AOL WEBSITE

IN RESPONSE TO DRAGONFLY, WRONG, I DO NOT HAVE AN AFRICAN PARENT AND A DOMINICAN PARENT.....BOTH MY PARENTS ARE FROM THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC SAN PEDRO de MACORIS TO BE EXACT....GUESS WHAT, I AM A FORWARD THINKING DOMINICAN GUY, I HAVE A STRONG RESPECT AND APPRECIATION FOR MY AFRICAN HERITAGE AS A DOMINICAN MAN, AND A PASSION FOR SHOWING LOVE FOR THE AFRICAN DIASPORA....I HAVE ALWAYS AVOIDED BECOMING A MEMBER OF THIS WEBSITE SIMPLY BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN AN OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF DOMINICANS ON HERE WHO CAN NOT STAND BEING TOLD ABOUT THEIR AFRICAN HERITAGE...BUT AFTER SEEING DRAGONFLY'S ASSUMPTIONS OF ME BASED ON MY DESIGN I HAD TO BECOME A MEMBER IF ONLY TO RESPOND TO THE REDICULOUS ASSUMPTION THAT A PERSON WHO IS 100% DOMINICAN COULD NOT HAVE SUCH A LOVE FOR AFRICAN AND BE A PROGRESSIVE THINKER!...YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT WHEN YOU ASSUME!

Last edited:

AFROTAINOKING

Dec 22, 2005
NEVER LOST NO I AM NOT VICTOR, VICTOR IS ANOTHER MEMBER OF AFROLATINO.COM WHERE YOU GOT THE LINK TO MY DESIGN....I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN NYC...MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS FROM DR!