best way to list apartment?

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I will be selling my apratment in Sosua. I bought it through Dean Brown at Juan Perdomo. I have just bought a lot through Stephanie Kinsella at North Coast Realty (formerly Remax) where I will be building a house. Does anyone have any advice as to the nuances of selling through an agent? I have confidence in both Dean and Stephanie and I know that their companies get the most traffic, but Iwould love to get the benefit of the DR1er's experience before I move further. Thanks - D

james

Jan 14, 2002
Danny,
You can do as 99% of sellers here and that is to list through as many agents as you wish. (non exclusive) Each separately....you absolutely do not have to sign an exclusive...it is not generally to your advantage as it might be back home because exclusive here in the DR means ONLY that agent. Then all those agents will all be trying to sell it and you have more chance of finding a buyer. Remember there is no multiple listing system here so if you list it with only one and you have score an agent who is temporarily lazy, on vacation for a while or does not like you or wants to sell their own developments first then at least you have the others to pull you though (especially as the agent that sells gets it all...good incentive)
It costs you the same but your chances of selling are greater.

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
I have looked in dr1/realestate and I'm looking for a place around Cabarete -Sabaneta for about 600$/month. don't seem to have much of those :(

B

batich

I have looked in dr1/realestate and I'm looking for a place around Cabarete -Sabaneta for about 600$/month. don't seem to have much of those :(

Did you try to offer $600 to those who ask $800-$1000?
A couple of guys were successful with this.

Good luck!