E-mail getting through?

A

anna coniglio

Can anyone please tell me if the strike is affecting the email, both sending and receiving in the north coast?

J

Joanne

I wold like to know the same...I have been sending E-Mail to Santo Domingo ...bu no response... Trying to get in touch with a friend...PLEASE HELP Are E-Mail messages getting through? Should you have any info on this pls let me know.Thanks

A

A. Nony Mouse

Same thing. No answers to my numerous e-mails to Puerto Plata. Probably Codetel Internet services crashed. I did receive a couple of replies from Santo Domingo.

D

diego

a friend in Sosua tells me that e-mail service crashes for 2-3 days at a time.

W

William Leslie

Internet connections go down pretty well everytime there is a power outage which can be several times a day. Seems Codetel can not keep it going then for some reason. Everyone here having that problem. HOWEVER YOUR MESSAGES DO NOT GET LOST..they will eventualy get to their receiver/sender. If the system is down now then you must wait and maybe next time you have time to sit down to work on Internet the power goes out again so you now have to go to work or the beach or some other thing so the time runs along before you eventually receive and then are able to answer with that situation. Sometimes it may work on the North coast but if you are connecting to somewhere else even within this country it will be dead maybe because that business or server is down as the power is out in Santo Domingo or Santiago but it is on in Puerto Plata. The combinations become very much against a quick turnaround time. Also we have a several times when it seems we can not connect for 1 to 2 days at a time. Codetel does not give us an answer..just "keep trying" after all they are virtually a monopoly here.

A

A. Nony Mouse

I received three e-mails from Puerto Plata this morning. Apparently some sections of the city had more problems with Internet than others.

A

anna coniglio

Thanks Nony Moose, I received two from Sosua today as well. I guess it depends on how the day goes.