Hotel in La Vega

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Whats the best hotel or Cabanas in the La Vega area? Am I just better off getting something in/near Santiago? Will be out drinking so I wanna minimize drive.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hold your horses... If you take the first entrance to La Vega, coming from Santiago... OK, my directions are a little screwy here, but follow them.. and you'll get to a fine hotel.

First entrance from La Vega coming from Santiago off to the right.. from the highway..
Travel down this road till you see on your left the Supermercado Riviera... Turn around and return the way you came up to the first set of lights (I do not know the name of the road and do not know if it is three lights down or two... Hence the turnaround strategy...)

Turn left at this light.. go a block or two then on your left.. Hotel Rey/first hotel - It looks so-so from the outside but is actually quite fine on the inside... Quite a funny sex channel on TV - never seen this before but the ads are hilarious...

The Supermercado Riviera has a little restaurant where you can eat.. not wonderful but fine if you do not want to go too far...

If you swing back onto the main road heading towards Santo Domingo, pick any of the Tipico Bonao Restaurants and eat some rack of lamb....

There is another hotel in La Vega I know of, (Hotel Pegasus, or otel pegasu) but it is convoluted to get there.... I can talk you through it on the phone... But directions? Last time I had to turn back at the cemetary to avoid some kind of disturbance loud enough to wake the dead.. This is a real offer... I can talk you through it on the phone... This second hotel has more availability than the first one... if you come unstuck.

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The Hotel El Rey in La Vega...

I paid 900 pesos a night. I was there for 4 days(Aug. 19th to the 22nd of this year) and it was MUCH nicer and felt alot safer than the Colonial in Santiago. The rooms do not have a safe or a fridge, but like I said I felt alot safer there than any of the other budget hotels I peeked into in both Santiago and La Vega.

I did not go into the Hotel Pegasus, but my friends told me that it was basically a love motel. Does'nt mean it sucks, that's just what they said about the place. Hope this helps.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Dragonfly32837 said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was thinking that Pegasus was a caba?a.

It may be.. the two nights that I was there (around two weeks ago), I saw no sign of this.. I saw everyday business travellers waiting for their transportation in the morning, or getting their cars or going about their busines. I did not see caba?a activities.

May 31, 2005
Chris said:
It may be.. the two nights that I was there (around two weeks ago), I saw no sign of this.. I saw everyday business travellers waiting for their transportation in the morning, or getting their cars or going about their busines. I did not see caba?a activities.
Maybe I'm confusing it with a pegasus in Santo Domingo then. They probably have some caba?as with Pegasus in the name in La Capital and I'm just confused.