marriage licence ?

lazar

Sep 6, 2005
Elira Rodriguez and Lorenzo Lacroze got married sometime las year in the Dominican Republic. Don't know where exactly, but would like to obtain a copy of the licence.
How can it be done ?

Last edited:

leekirkpatrick

Mar 9, 2005
lazar said:
Elira Rodriguez and Lorenzo Lacroze got married sometime las year in the Dominican Republic. Don't know where exactly, but would like to obtain a copy of the licence.
How can it be done ?

You'll probably need to find out exactly where they got married & go to that place & ask for a copy.

For example, I got married in Licey al Medio. If I wanted a copy, I would have to return to Licey al Medio, to the judge that married us and ask for a copy.

To my knowledge, there is no centralized "database" of marriage, birth/death, baptism, etc licenses in the country. Each municipality keeps its own records. Titles for land is a different story, however.

That is what I understand. If anyone else knows differently, please correct me.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
windeguy said:
You will have to go to the city hall of the area that has authority over where they were married. Sosua city hall for marriages in Cabarete, for example.

Actually that is not correct. You have to go to the Oficial?a de Estado Civil to obtain a copy of the marriage certificate. It is also MOST helpful to have the book number and page number on which the marriage was recorded. Additionally, civil marriages are recorded in a different location from church ones - so you have to go the the CORRECT Oficial?a office as well.

In Puerto Plata, for example, civil marriages (and divorces) are recorded in the Primera Circunscripci?n on Beller. Canonical marriages are recorded in the Segunda Circunscripci?n on Doce de Julio.

dina24

Sep 29, 2005
www.popreport.com
La Profe_1 said:
In Puerto Plata, for example, civil marriages (and divorces) are recorded in the Primera Circunscripci?n on Beller. Canonical marriages are recorded in the Segunda Circunscripci?n on Doce de Julio.

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if the offices you mentioned are open to the public... to have access to civil status information on a citizen?

I need to find out the civil status of a Puerto Plata resident...
How do you think I should go about it, and do you know if is it possible for me to obtain this information over the phone? Would you be kind enough to forward me the telephone numbers of these offices?
Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Great thanks!!

dina24

Sep 29, 2005
www.popreport.com
Well.. i guess no need for it now!..
just found out from the asshole's mouth that he is married.. had suspicions of it from the start.. 3 mths.. doesnt seem long.. but trust me, it has done a lot of damage for me... i dont know how i will get through this.. i need to get him back somehow.. damn it

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
dina24 said:
Well.. i guess no need for it now!..
just found out from the asshole's mouth that he is married.. had suspicions of it from the start.. 3 mths.. doesnt seem long.. but trust me, it has done a lot of damage for me... i dont know how i will get through this.. i need to get him back somehow.. damn it

Nal, did you say something about these girls not being in the same class as these guys?:eek: You gotta wonder don't you?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Anna Coniglio said:
Nal, did you say something about these girls not being in the same class as these guys?:eek: You gotta wonder don't you?

:eek: :classic: