Steak place

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
In 2003 a friend took me to Steak place in Santo Domingo.
It is not located in Malecon but, it is not expensive, they serve grilled chicken also and all the meats are seasoned well, it is a small place with a glass window front.
I think is near 27 de febrero or Kennedy.
My friend told me the restaurant is located in a bad area. Does anyone know this place or give the address?
Plus please post the address of your favorite Steak restaurant in the Dominican Republic.
I tried a Korean restaurant in April someone mentioned and it was really good.

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
El Toro

El Toro in Sosua, greeeaaaat! The restaurant is east of Pedro Clisante and they have a nice bar next to it, so you can enjoy a drink before or after dinner. The meat was cooked perfectly and they also have a salad bar. Try the plate with the 3 different kinds of meat, excellent!

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
La Cava, in Santo Domingo, down past the hotel hispaniola and up the hill.

Upscale but delicious.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
It may sound funny, but some of the best steaks I have had in the DR were at the Outback. In the states the Outback is "ok" and not in the same league as real steak houses, but in the DR there are few good steak places. Davey Crockettes is one of the best but not in the same league as Smith And Wollenskys, Gallaghers, The Palm, and of course Peter Lugers in the states.

The best bang for the buck steak I have had is at the restaurant at Hotel Senorial. Imported Churrasco with 8 oz, 10 oz and 12 oz cuts. It is pretty darn good as I like skirt steaks . . . . . . .

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
best steaks

rafael said:
It may sound funny, but some of the best steaks I have had in the DR were at the Outback. In the states the Outback is "ok" and not in the same league as real steak houses, but in the DR there are few good steak places. Davey Crockettes is one of the best but not in the same league as Smith And Wollenskys, Gallaghers, The Palm, and of course Peter Lugers in the states.

The best bang for the buck steak I have had is at the restaurant at Hotel Senorial. Imported Churrasco with 8 oz, 10 oz and 12 oz cuts. It is pretty darn good as I like skirt steaks . . . . . . .

where is this hotel???

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
jaguarbob said:
where is this hotel???

Hotel Senorial is on Vicini between Independencia and the Malecon across from the park where they hold many of the outdoor concerts etc. It is a swiss run hotel and restaurant.

I had been eating their pasta with garlic and olive oil quite a bit. Big ole plate that I could barely eat for $140 pesos. I think the 8 oz skirt steak is like $300 pesos.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Asadero Argentino

Asadero Argentino on the north side of Independencia a couple of blocks east of M?ximo G?mez had the best churrasco ever before the madcow scare. They should be back to importing great Argentine beef by now.

samsbar

Jun 30, 2005
Best Steak in Puerto Plata

Although the steaks we serve here are decent - by far and away the best steak in the Puerto Plata area is at La Papillon in Villas Cofresi. Tomas, the owner and chef ages his to perfection. I love the chateubriand.