DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
ANNOUNCEMENT

The Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
is proud to announce the opening of

The Dominican-American Chamber of Commerce
of Georgia

The mission of the Dominican-American Chamber of Commerce of Georgia is to promote and support the domestic and international development of Dominican-owned businesses, and to serves as a network entity between Dominican nationals and the international market.

The Dominican-American Chamber of Commerce of Georgia (DACC), is a
chapter of the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Inc.

For additional information please contact:

Fernando A. Ramirez, President
Jordi Vi?as, GHCC Staff Contact
2801 Buford Highway , Suite 500
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
Phone: (404) 680-6604 or the GHCC at (404) 929-9998
dominicanamericancc@yahoo.com

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
I don't live in Atlanta, but I was recently there. I looked up places with Dominican food on Google. I tried to call all the places I found and none where in business. Where are the Dominicano Restaurants, Groceries, can I buy Presidente there, Dominicano Clubs or just Dominicano places? Thanks and God bless,
Biggs

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Atlanta? Is it near Newark? How do you get there, Lincoln tunnel?

Excuse my irony, I just had to....

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
a georgia cracker and a dominican. jajajajaja what a pair. Everyone thinks Georgia is like Atlanta. Lewis Grizzard will have some fun with this

dneschlandt

Jun 16, 2012
a georgia cracker and a dominican. jajajajaja what a pair. Everyone thinks Georgia is like Atlanta. Lewis Grizzard will have some fun with this
Living in Georgia (not Atlanta), I have to say that Georgia has more in common with DR that you might think. Unreliable electric company? Slow slow internet, when it works. The red tape you have to go through to get a drivers license..etc.
Constant thefts by meth heads, they even rip copper wire out of houses.
By the way mbgmike, Lewis Grizzard will have to have some fun with this from the other side as he has been dead for several years.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
Living in Georgia (not Atlanta), I have to say that Georgia has more in common with DR that you might think. Unreliable electric company? Slow slow internet, when it works. The red tape you have to go through to get a drivers license..etc.
Constant thefts by meth heads, they even rip copper wire out of houses.
By the way mbgmike, Lewis Grizzard will have to have some fun with this from the other side as he has been dead for several years.

I did not know he died> wow I used to live next door to his cousin in Carrolltown

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I don't live in Atlanta, but I was recently there. I looked up places with Dominican food on Google. I tried to call all the places I found and none where in business. Where are the Dominicano Restaurants, Groceries, can I buy Presidente there, Dominicano Clubs or just Dominicano places? Thanks and God bless,
Biggs

The majority of Dominican restaurants and other Dominican businesses in the Atlanta metro area are located in Gwinnett county, 15 to 20 minutes drive north on I85. You can check "Mi Pilon" on Buford hwy, also Puerto Plata retaurant on Singleton Rd, between Jimmy Carter blvd and Indian Trail Rd.

If you keep going north on I85 you will find more Dominican businesses on Beaver Ruin rd and Pleasant rd.

I no longer live in GA, but if you want to find Dominican food you need to go to Gwinnett country.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I no longer live in GA, but if you want to find Dominican food you need to go to Gwinnett country.

Why? I thought it was good to live there, we was concidering to make the move down there in the future.

Non stop flights to DR, that's my problem here where I live. Some times I have to wait all day long to make a tranfer in MIA.

JJ

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I live in Gwinette County between Sugarloaf Parkway and Old Peachtree. There is even a Dominican hair salon less than a mile from my house.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Why? I thought it was good to live there, we was concidering to make the move down there in the future.

Non stop flights to DR, that's my problem here where I live. Some times I have to wait all day long to make a tranfer in MIA.

JJ

It is a good place to live, but I don't have no family nearby. All my family is in NY, NJ and PA. I can drive, take the bus and train from DC, and Flighting to DR is cheaper.

Atlanta only has non-stop flight to Santo Domingo and Punta Cana, not to Santiago or Puento Plata.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
The majority of Dominican restaurants and other Dominican businesses in the Atlanta metro area are located in Gwinnett county, 15 to 20 minutes drive north on I85. You can check "Mi Pilon" on Buford hwy, also Puerto Plata retaurant on Singleton Rd, between Jimmy Carter blvd and Indian Trail Rd.

If you keep going north on I85 you will find more Dominican businesses on Beaver Ruin rd and Pleasant rd.

Hola Ezequiel! Thank you so very very much, I have been having problems coming on the site and just today found this response to the question that I asked. Since I posted this I have been to Orlando FL and I thought I need to go all the way to florida, about 12 hours from where I live, compaired to Atlanta about 4 hours. Your post will be very helpfull to me and I hope many other Dominicanos living in GA, I am not very familiar with the city of Atlanta and maybe I just got lost cause I was trying to use my GPS to find that very place the Indian Trail Rd, but I do know Gwinnett because My sister was living in Marrietta at one time. Thanks again and God bless,
Biggs