Hardware supplies

Jacobb

Jul 30, 2005
anyone know where I can go to find out the price of concrete and tin. I don't know that any Ferreteria has a web page. I guess I could make a phone call to a couple of friends down there but it would be easier if there was a website. Any help appreciated Jake

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
From the 2004 Yellow Pages:

Jacobb said:
anyone know where I can go to find out the price of concrete and tin. I don't know that any Ferreteria has a web page. I guess I could make a phone call to a couple of friends down there but it would be easier if there was a website. Any help appreciated Jake

From the 2004 Yellow Pages:

Cement (Cemento):

Cementos Colon:
Ph: 595-8405, Toll Free: 1-200-COLON (8656), Fax: 595-8488

Cementos Cibao, SA:
Ph. 581-1154, Fax: 851-1098, e-mail: ins_ccibao@codetel.net.do (may have changed to verizon?)

Hispano Dominicando de Cemento Blanco, SA:
Ph: 534-1777 / 530-3191 / 534-1294 / 530-7835

Concrete (Hormigones):

Hormigones Moya: www.grupomoya.com.do
Sinercon: www.sinercon.com.do
Modesto Hormigones: www.gmodesto.com

Ferreterias:

Americana: www.americana.com.do
Solares: www.soladom.com
Ferreteria MC: www.mc.com.do
Ferreteria Popular: www.ferreteriapopular.com
MFG: www.fernandezgonzalez.com (sorry, site under construction) (I have visited this company on site... not bad!)
Ph: 5441818, Pax: 5441881

I have not checked these links yet! UPDATE! I have checked all sites and corrected some (MFG and Sinercon).

Hope this is of help... J-D.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot, a whole lot depends on where you are

In the northern part of the country, nobody can compare with prices from Ochoa. I do believe that Dep?sito Ferretero in POP has a good service for concrete, however.

The cement companies do not sell in small lots so you have to go through a building supply company and Ochoa operates both in Santo Domingo and Santiago.

In fact, just so you know how the game is played here, Ochoa has supplied an awful lot of the building supplies for the hotels out in the east!! Even cinderblocks and re-bar. How can they do that you ask? Well, the former owner of the place (R.I.P.) once told me that part of the secret was that his trucks delivered to the east and when they came to Santo Domingo they picked up stuff for delivery to Santiago and he saved thousands on transport. The guy was a balls up genius at making a buck...He'd send a truck load of cinderblocks to Santo Domingo, off load them, pick up a load of re-bar at Metaldom, haul it to the east, come back to Santo Domingo, pick up another load of re-bar for Santiago! Or variations of this.

Give us a bit more info and we can point you in a good direction.

HB :D:D:D