Quick Translation for "Horny" Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Yes, yes, ho , ho , yuk, yuk. It's about the word horny.

My friend says the word is "enbromado" (spelling might be off) - is she right? What would be a literal translation of enbromado?

Any other words that would be identical to what we in English would think means "Horny"?

May 31, 2005
For horny I would say bellaco or caliente. As far as embromado, I have never heard someone using embromado for horny. Embromar means to bother or to mess around with. Embromando means bothering. Embromado means bothered.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Again!!

I will do a "ricktoronto" on you:

This was already "talked" about here. Do some research. The research option is there for a reason!. Did I sounded like you?.

Well, there are many ways that you can say that. One is "tengo deseos", or "tengo ganas", among other ways.

If you want to be comical, you can say: "estoy emperrao" or "estoy mas caliente que un gato" or "tengo deseos de rapar" or "contra, las ganas me salen por los poros". LOL.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
If you can say any phrase containing the word rapar with a dominican accent, you might end up not having to pay anymore.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
miguel said:
I will do a "ricktoronto" on you:

This was already "talked" about here. Do some research. The research option is there for a reason!. Did I sounded like you?.

Well, there are many ways that you can say that. One is "tengo deseos", or "tengo ganas", among other ways.

If you want to be comical, you can say: "estoy emperrao" or "estoy mas caliente que un gato" or "tengo deseos de rapar" or "contra, las ganas me salen por los poros". LOL.

Well other than asking about horny generally I was really more interested in the use of enbromado specifically which is used for horny in Nicaragua. So bothered in the right context makes sense.

Isn't rapar a way of saying "to shave"? (Though I use afeitarse)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!

ricktoronto said:
Well other than asking about horny generally I was really more interested in the use of enbromado specifically which is used for horny in Nicaragua. So bothered in the right context makes sense.

Isn't rapar a way of saying "to shave"? (Though I use afeitarse)
If we are talking vulgar "dominicano", rapar is making love.

Did you mean "razurar" as a way to saying "to shave"?.

dprasociad

Feb 9, 2004
Use No Substitute

Rick these are the words

that mean what you mean by horny in english--

cachondo, da.
: Dominada por el apetito sexual.

arrecho, cha.
: Excitada por el apetito sexual.

USE NO SUBSTITUTE

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
JDJones: It's NOT raspar...if you pronounce it with the "S" then it does NOT mean to make love, but shave...not to shave your beard though (that's razurar). For instance the homemade candies they sell at the highway stops are called raspadura, which literally means shavings...I believe rapar stems from raspar... and that it probably originated because of the back and forth motion it implies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Quick and simple!

I have a question for ricktoronto:

Was your question a question about the dominican way to say "horny" or were you talking in general?.

If it was a general question, there are MANY countries out there that say it differently than everybody else and I really do not believe that there are members from all parts of the globe here.

If you meant the "dominican" definition, then alot of the posted definitions should be thrown "down the drain", especially "arracho", "arrecho", or "enbromado". But you are right, "enbromado" is said in Nicaragua.

Which one is it?.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Actually it was the use of enbromado which appears to be Nicaraguan and which my friend in Nicaragua uses (luckily for me) . The others were interesting to learn, though with all the contrary posts I would not say I am sure what would be the best in the DR to say.

dprasociad

Feb 9, 2004
Rick you are 100% correct

ricktoronto said:
I would not say I am sure what would be the best in the DR to say.

Rick you are 100% correct.

I would not use these words here.

---- nobody is horny - they get it when they want it

--- these word are not local street language.

---- if they used them they would not pronunced them correctly .

I also would like to know if the feeling is ever expessed.

My guest is that here people are action oriented. therefore : Vamonos "sinning" is quicker and more satisfying.

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
miguel said:
If we are talking vulgar "dominicano", rapar is making love.

Hi Miguel,

Rapar is "to ****", as well as "singar" and "chichar"

Hacer el amor is "making love"

About "horny" I agree with "arrecho". I've heard "cachondo" mostly in Spain. I've not heard it here often.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

gatoazul said:
Hi Miguel,

Rapar is "to ****", as well as "singar" and "chichar"

Hacer el amor is "making love"

About "horny" I agree with "arrecho". I've heard "cachondo" mostly in Spain. I've not heard it here often.
You are absolutely correct. Mea culpa.

This is the ONE question that has hundreds of definitions. I guess that most countries have their own definition.

Ps: ricktoronto and drloca, I am with you guys, I ALSO DON'T KNOW WHAT IN HELL HE IS BLABBING ABOUT, AGAIN!!.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
dprasociad said:
Rick you are 100% correct.

I would not use these words here.

---- nobody is horny - they get it when they want it

--- these word are not local street language.

---- if they used them they would not pronunced them correctly .

I also would like to know if the feeling is ever expessed.

My guest is that here people are action oriented. therefore : Vamonos "sinning" is quicker and more satisfying.

My guest is you mean to say that you would not use the words for horny in the DR because 1. 'nobody' has the time to even get horny because everybody has sex whenever they want and that aparently doesn't allow them the time to get horny and thus needing such a word; 2. if the words for horny proposed in this threat are correct they are used somewhere else than locally and on the street ?, which apparently is a reason not to use them; 3. And if somehow those words make their way to 'they', it would be no use using them because 'they' cannot pronounce them correctly. Finally, 'people' in the DR are oriented towards action, they are not really people oriented towards feelings, like in feeling horny. And they usually express this prefernece for action by saying 'vamonos sinning', which is quick and satisfying.
What utter wisdom indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.