American companies doing business in the DR

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Does any know where can I get a list of American Companies doing any type of business in/with the Dominican Republic. Your help is greatly appreciated.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Mightly long list possibly, depending on how you define doing any type of business with. Probably thousands. Might try AMCHAM, the American Chamber of Commerce in SD. And maybe narrow down what you mean.

There are US companies in the FTZ's, and buyers of produce, sellers of oil, airlines, tour companies, etc.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Mightly long list possibly, depending on how you define doing any type of business with. Probably thousands. Might try AMCHAM, the American Chamber of Commerce in SD. And maybe narrow down what you mean.

There are US companies in the FTZ's, and buyers of produce, sellers of oil, airlines, tour companies, etc.

Actually,

My intentions are to take look at these companies in the event that I might seek future employment with them.

Thanks for your help.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Well there are still too many to count. AMCHAM is online though so you will be able to get some info.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
US Consulate in Santo Domingo & Yellow Pages (EOM)

Try the US Consulate in Santo Domingo, especially if you are a US Citizen.

Yellow pages is also recourcefull if you can recognize the names.
... J-D.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Stodgord said:
Actually,

My intentions are to take look at these companies in the event that I might seek future employment with them.

Thanks for your help.
Just remember that they are doing business here to benefit from the Dominican economy. That means that they may hire an American (They are permitted to employ up to 20% foreign nationals) but will pay you on a Dominican wage scale.