Visitor visa to US in 5 days legally?

island03

Jun 6, 2005
Hi everyone,
I am curious whether it is possible for a 22 year old dominican man, without a job, to get a visa to travel withing 5 days, legally or illegally? I have just spoken to my dominican "friend" after I cancelled an october trip to visit him, and now he says he will be traveling here on Monday. So, the question is...is it possible to obtian a visa for travel to the US in 5 days? Answers needed quickly so I can figure out what I need to do.
Thank you in advance.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
island03 said:
Hi everyone,
I am curious whether it is possible for a 22 year old dominican man, without a job, to get a visa to travel withing 5 days, legally or illegally? I have just spoken to my dominican "friend" after I cancelled an october trip to visit him, and now he says he will be traveling here on Monday. So, the question is...is it possible to obtian a visa for travel to the US in 5 days? Answers needed quickly so I can figure out what I need to do.
Thank you in advance.
Please let us know Monday.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
island03 said:
Hi everyone,
Thank you in advance.
Is he the brother of Leonel? If not, I would say NO.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
island03 said:
Hi everyone,
Thank you in advance.

Is he coming by boat maybe? If not it is doubtful that he can get a visa at all, let alone 5 days and more doubtful he has two pesos to rub together let alone airfare to the US.

Program 9-1-1 on your speed dial on your phone.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can envisage a couple of scenarios where this might happen

1) He had already begun the process of a resident visa through family members who are supplying everything

2) He has a friend or two in high places that got him an "expidited visa"..it does happen.

3) He will be taking AA ( "Agua atr?s, agua adelante") to Puerto Rico.

4) He is going to Mexico and will walk across the border...

HB :D:D:D

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
visa

Chirimoya said:
5. He's got himself a 'machete' (false, stolen or borrowed passport).

Repeat: If he is coming in 5 days ( oops, I mean 4 days ) what is there to do?? Oh, I know. Meet The Plane. DUH!

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
island03 said:
Hi everyone,
Thank you in advance.

Ummm. NO.

-Tim
--Visit the Dominican Immigration Forums at:
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
http://forums.dominicanstotheusa.com

Apr 26, 2002
windeguy said:
A visitors visa is primarily a scam (run about equally by both the embassies of the US and Canada).

Your friend has virtually no chance to get one in ANY period of time.
Not exactly. The US visitor visa process is a money generating scam. The Canadian one is usefully corrupt. If your friend has US$10,000, he could be in Toronto tonight! From there, Quisqueya Heights, Providence, Miami - all a piece of cake.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Not exactly. The US visitor visa process is a money generating scam. The Canadian one is usefully corrupt. If your friend has US$10,000, he could be in Toronto tonight! From there, Quisqueya Heights, Providence, Miami - all a piece of cake.

Oh really? How would he get to Canada for a lousy $10,000?

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Pulling a lot of strings

I would think by, not having a job....would be your biggest downfall.

There's no doubt about it if all paperwork is in order, and you can prove that you will return... you would be a hell of a lot better off.having NO employment.... your paperwork will be denied I believe. Because they see no reason for you to return.

I would first speak to a competent company that handles these matters first off.... before you even start the procedure and see if you're eligible.

BTW, I received my Brazilian visa in two today's with proper paperwork. But that's USA to Brazil... NOT...DR TO USA OR CANADA. Best of luck to you.

freekofweek

Feb 22, 2005
Perhaps your Dominican friend was hoping that you would "offer" to send some dinero to help with the travel expenses, since you had to cancel your trip.
If you have Western Union $$ in the past, perhaps he thought this would be another payday. Of course he would not come, but the $$ would be in his pocket. I have been told by all my Dominican friends that it is very difficult to leave the DR. I would bet $$$ that his a** is sitting home thinking of "another" story.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I would have to agree with Howmar here, and the rest as well.
If he does not have a visa before the 5 days you mention, not a job, does not own anything, mucho dinero on a bankaccount, i.e proof that he will return he will not come.
Even if he has some of the above, it won?t happen within the time limit of 5 days.

HBs rules, they always stands... ;) If you meet someone here, and that person don?t have a visa/travelled before meeting you, it will in 99% of the cases not happen because he/she met you.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I love watching people jump on the cart long after the horse has left. :laugh:

The original poster asked the question on Sept 15 her guy was supposed to arrive on the 19th or 20th today is the 27th tomorrow is the 28th, the OP has only one post and may never be back to tell us what happened. ;)

Ok thought I'd point that out. Carry on carrying on.:laugh:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I love watching people jump on the cart long after the horse has left.

The original poster asked the question on Sept 15 her guy was supposed to arrive on the 19th or 20th today is the 27th tomorrow is the 28th, the OP has only one post and may never be back to tell us what happened.

Ok thought I'd point that out. Carry on carrying on.

An easy one, if you look at this from a Dominican point of view, not Canadian.

-5 Dominican days are 10-15 calendar days at it?s best, we all know that.
Then deduct weekends, and holidays etc.
This fellow have probably not given up yet. ;) :bandit:

island03

Jun 6, 2005
cant shake this idea off

here is the update everyone. this guy was getting a little clingy which is why I cancelled the trip in the first place and the threat of a visitor visa in 5 days came into play. he claimed that with $10,000US, he could get a visa, causing my first anxiety attack. I, of couse got sage advice from members of this board, let the panic subside. I spoke with him again and told him he was an idiot to spend that kind of money to visit for such a short period of time and that if he was really considering it, we should no longer speak, and I was serious. i did not answer my phone for 10 days thinking he would get the hint. 100 missed calls later, 10 crying messages, and 3 sobbing emails later, he has still not given up. this guy is good. I do not doubt this is a ploy for a western union visit, but this guy has met his match. Apparently he has an appointment next wednesday at the consulate, hopefully he will get it before then.
that's all for now, i will keep you all posted

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Let me get this straight - was he trying to persuade YOU to send him the US$10,000?

Good to hear you've got your eyes open.

Someone, somewhere has fallen for this one in the past. That's for sure.

island03

Jun 6, 2005
he never asked for money

NOOOOOO.....he has never asked me for money. apparently his grandfather is quite well off and he has plenty of money in the bank....but after reading all of the sankie stories in these forums, i would not be suprised if this were all an elaborate guilt trip. I would never consider sending him money...plus, i'm broke as a joke. I wouldn't doubt if he has more money than I.