Weddings outside a resort

sharrisct25

Sep 17, 2005
Looking for a perfect last minute wedding outside a resort

My soon to be wife and I have been together for years and finally decided to make it official. We decided to marry in DR since so much of her family is there and we would like to have one instance were our US people meet the people in DR so near and dear to us.

Anyways we have had everything arranged for at least 6 months. We scowerd the island looking for the exact right atmospher something with all the ocean bueaty of the island but a classical architecture to support her dream wedding. After alot of looking at Villas and halls we finally found a hotel to our suprise with the right stuff. We booked everything with Gran Bahia in Samana. It was perfect plus within our budget. Unfortunatly this week we learned that the hotel was sold to new owners and is being demolished for reconstruction on November 25th the day before our wedding. Our guests from the US have booked plan tickets and taken off time to come to DR with us, many of them are staying 10 days to enjoy the island with us. We are in a PANIC.

Anyway Occidental did promise to honor the agreement at other resorts like the Flamenco in Puerto Plata but it does not have any of the charm that we are looking for so we are thinking about a Villa wedding. The problem is the time frame, we have family there but nobody we can really rely on to get all the details needed (caterer, florist etc) together

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE any suggestions of villa locations, wedding planners, caterers etc in the Sosua area would be highly appreciated. Again the idea is something out of a old film white washed walls and rock faced cliffs not the typical wood and thatched roofs.

Thank You all in advance for any help!!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
sharrisct25, you will probably get more responses if you start a new thread in the Travel - General forum.

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Villa Wedding

Check with Chris Quinlivian at Sunrise Villa in Cabrera- beautiful place- I've done two weddings there this past year and it is spectacular.

809/589-7734
Chris@sunrise-villa.com

Good luck!
Rick York

sharrisct25

Sep 17, 2005
Tried Sunrise

Booked. We have had some responses for locations, but really need help with the staffing (caterer, florist, etc)

Thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
sharrisct25 said:
Unfortunatly this week we learned that the hotel was sold to new owners and is being demolished for reconstruction on November 25th the day before our wedding.

Reason #870 not to stay in an AI. They demolish it the day before your wedding.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
sharrisct25 said:
My soon to be wife and I have been together for years and finally decided to make it official. We decided to marry in DR since so much of her family is there and we would like to have one instance were our US people meet the people in DR so near and dear to us.

Anyways we have had everything arranged for at least 6 months. We scowerd the island looking for the exact right atmospher something with all the ocean bueaty of the island but a classical architecture to support her dream wedding. After alot of looking at Villas and halls we finally found a hotel to our suprise with the right stuff. We booked everything with Gran Bahia in Samana. It was perfect plus within our budget. Unfortunatly this week we learned that the hotel was sold to new owners and is being demolished for reconstruction on November 25th the day before our wedding. Our guests from the US have booked plan tickets and taken off time to come to DR with us, many of them are staying 10 days to enjoy the island with us. We are in a PANIC.

Anyway Occidental did promise to honor the agreement at other resorts like the Flamenco in Puerto Plata but it does not have any of the charm that we are looking for so we are thinking about a Villa wedding. The problem is the time frame, we have family there but nobody we can really rely on to get all the details needed (caterer, florist etc) together

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE any suggestions of villa locations, wedding planners, caterers etc in the Sosua area would be highly appreciated. Again the idea is something out of a old film white washed walls and rock faced cliffs not the typical wood and thatched roofs.

Thank You all in advance for any help!!!

Hideaway Beach Resort is a beautiful location for a wedding and I know they are open for that period.
We just had a wedding there for Diane Neal, of the actresses from Law and Order and it was beautiful .
If you need more help, let me know , as the property offers great rates for the groups and weddings compare to the posted daily rates.
Best of luck

Last edited: