beautiful/handsome translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

susy

Sep 30, 2004
what are some of the phrases used to compliment people. i heard of a phrase that i'm really unsure of. i think (and forgive me for the wrong spelling) it was said something like bantana or batana....something like that. i know there are phrases like linda, bellia, guapo, hermosa, etc. what are some other words to compliment someone on thier looks.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
susy said:
what are some of the phrases used to compliment people. i heard of a phrase that i'm really unsure of. i think (and forgive me for the wrong spelling) it was said something like bantana or batana....something like that. i know there are phrases like linda, bellia, guapo, hermosa, etc. what are some other words to compliment someone on thier looks.

Bacano, ?spero (sometimes pronounced '?pero'). Actually, these expressions are Colombian (or Venezuelan) in origin.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
tu me haces mucha falta ... I miss you a lot

guapo, hermoso, chulo, bonito ... for variations on attractive/handsome ...
mkohn

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I thought guapo was only used in this sense in Spain, and meant something like brave in Latin America?

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
mkohn said:
tu me haces mucha falta ... I miss you a lot

guapo, hermoso, chulo, bonito ... for variations on attractive/handsome ...
mkohn
Also Te extrano mucho with the accent on the n means i miss you alot.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
qgrande said:
I thought guapo was only used in this sense in Spain, and meant something like brave in Latin America?
No Guapo is used in many latin american countries as Handsome.
Maybe not in the DR but I can think of 4 or 5 others where it is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.