Transportation Santo Domingo - La Romano

stoof

Sep 27, 2005
I am planning my first trip to the Dominican and will be flying in to Santo Domingo but I need to get to my resort in La Romano.
Is there a regular service of any kind?
Any help would be appreciated from those in the know.
Thanks

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
stoof said:
I am planning my first trip to the Dominican and will be flying in to Santo Domingo but I need to get to my resort in La Romano.
Is there a regular service of any kind?
Any help would be appreciated from those in the know.
Thanks
Why are you flying into SDQ instead of La Romana's (not "La Romano") airport? If at a resort, aren't they providing transfer service?

stoof

Sep 27, 2005
I work for the airlines so the only deal I can get is with Spirit airlines which only flies into SDQ. As for the resort, I have seen no mention of transfers on their website. I guess an inquiry will help.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I think a lot of the transfers are arranged by the tour companies as part of a package. The hotel may just arrrange a cab anyway (and likely ding you worse than you doing it yourself)

You can take a taxi to LRM for not a King's ransom but it will cost a few bucks. Bright side it sounds like you don't have to pay a lot to get to SDQ though.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
ricktoronto said:
I think a lot of the transfers are arranged by the tour companies as part of a package. The hotel may just arrrange a cab anyway (and likely ding you worse than you doing it yourself)

You can take a taxi to LRM for not a King's ransom but it will cost a few bucks. Bright side it sounds like you don't have to pay a lot to get to SDQ though.

With the cost of gasoline these days, the taxi will probably cost you about US$80.00 one way or more, was US$50.00 when gasoline was cheap.
If you feel adventursome, you could take a taxi to the bus depot in Andres/Boca Chica, about 10 min. and about US$5.00 to 10.00 and then a bus to LaRomana for about 80 pesos,(less than US$3.00)
Ken

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Since the airport taxis want US$18.00 to Boca Chica you will be lucky indeed to get to Andres gua gua stop for $5 or $10 but it is an option. Don't forget he is flying free so $160 R/T to the DR (zero airfare and $160 taxi) is a pretty good vacation at that price, and does not waste time with buses.

stoof

Sep 27, 2005
Well the airfare isnt exactly free but it is cheaper than any package. I will also have my wife and 2 teenage kids with me so the bus idea is sounding good.
Thanks everyone for the assistance.

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
forget the adventure

When you get to the airport,try to look like you know what you are doing and neg. a taxi....make sure it's not a gypsy cab and don't pay more than 80 U.S....................maybe you can arrange cheaper transportation back once you get settled in.....the bus idea with a family and luggage would be out of the question for me............
Also contact the hotel, perhaps they can assist you...if they communicate that is......