Transport Jarabacoa-Constanza

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Does anyone know whether there are any guaguas, publicos or any other type of more or less regular transport going from Jarabacoa to Constanza over the direct mountain road (I think the nr. 28)? And if so, how long do they take to get there?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
qgrande said:
Does anyone know whether there are any guaguas, publicos or any other type of more or less regular transport going from Jarabacoa to Constanza over the direct mountain road (I think the nr. 28)? And if so, how long do they take to get there?
As there is public transport almost everywhere in the country, I assume there are some public vehicles crossing from Jarabacoa to El Rio, although I can't say if it would a public car, guagua or pickup truck.
The distance is short, but depending on road conditions, may take you an hour accross. From El Rio, you would be back on paved roads with more public transport available and it would take you approx. 30 minutes from there to Constanza.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Jarabacoa to Constanza

The times that I have traveled this winding and very scenic mountain road with my own vehicle I did not observe what you would call public transport, ie gua-guas. However, there would be moto-conchos, cars (SUV's recommended), or pick-ups for hire in Jarabacoa. I would recommend the best place to inquire would be around the Shell gas station at the base of the route in Jarabacoa.

The transit time from the Shell station in Jarabacoa to the Isla Station at the entrance to the business district in Constanza is approximately 2? hours provided the weather and the road are in reasonable condition.

Regards,
PJT

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
PJT said:
The transit time from the Shell station in Jarabacoa to the Isla Station at the entrance to the business district in Constanza is approximately 2? hours provided the weather and the road are in reasonable condition.
PJT's time assesments may be a lot more resonable than mine, as I went through there on a motorbike.

funckytown

Apr 17, 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany, Germany
What happens on this road....

Hi
I took this road on 7th of october.
i heard that UNO/ONU pays a part or all....
some mountains are destroyed on 2, 3 or 400 meters
when the road will be finished... wouaaaw
i did not see any gua gua, but it was during the day...
maybe there are some morning n afternoon
be careful some restaurant don t say that the price on the menu is more 25%

:ninja: