Any non-US citizen recently succesfully opened a US bank/US CHECKing account?

thanhp

Sep 27, 2005
Hello,

Is there any non-US citizen who recently succesfully opened a US bank account or US checking , US direct deposit account without having a SSN?

If so, which bank and how?

Warm regards,

Than p

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
thanhp said:
Hello,

Is there any non-US citizen who recently succesfully opened a US bank account or US checking , US direct deposit account without having a SSN?

If so, which bank and how?

Warm regards,

Than p

Many banks are now accepting consular IDs given to the immigrant by their respective consulate. Perhaps, you should inquire the banks in your town about this. Also, make sure the consulate does issue such IDs.

I have heard of Mexicans taking advantage of this since their consulate issues those type of IDs.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Anyone..........

...........can open an account even under the new Patriot Act.

The law actually encourages non citizens to invest their money in banks here.

I have done it for at least 3 of my friends when they have visited here.

I have done it at two banks.......Bank of America and Citizens Bank

If you do not have a SS number they will want:

1. Copy of passport.
2. Completed W-8BEN IRS form.

It's really not that complicated, but it will stump most people at the bank. Just insist that they check with their manager etc and you'll be able to get it.

thanhp

Sep 27, 2005
Thank you all

Thank you all
Nice post and i will try it, may be i need to directly contact them before fill any app
i'm now have some interested in Free Checking with Direct Deposit.

Does anyone can recommend me some of good bank site? (Accepted non U.S cityzens user, low fees, ATM card inclued etc.v.v. )

Warm regards,

Than p

thanhp

Sep 27, 2005
How you did it nice?
Like POP Bad Boy and Stodgord teaching me above ?

Thanhp

Main prolem is
- I need to signup a paypal account, need an bank acc can help me did it
- Low fees setup, monthly ( may be no fees? ) and have as low min cash deposit as we can ( well )
- Included ATM plastic card for withdraw money worldwide

Thank you

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
I'm interested in doing that also, I've checked some online banks months ago but no luck, I also was told that it can be done in person so I was planing a trip to miami, for tourism also!

if you get more information please could you PM me? thanks

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Bank of America at Miami airport do it on the fly for regular checking accounts. Bring two IDs, bank reference (from another bank). Can't remember min. deposit. No SSN required. Will get check books and check card (debit card). Have been told no credit card without Social Security Number. GL

Last edited:

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
thanks, please any advise about a "good" bank with low fees and ATM debit card visa or mastercard for internet purchasings, but fundamentally with a good internet service to manage the account from here?

thanhp

Sep 27, 2005
But now i'm not in US how can i contacting Bank of America at Miami airport ?
Can anyone show me how ? or explain me another way :(
Really so sad, anyway tzxx you for your all of times.:nervous: :beard:

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
You can't do it from another country, you have to travel to USA and visit a bank. Don't forget your identification docs. and bank ref.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
dummies said:
...open my US bank account without travelling to US..I get the info from this web site : http://www.knowledgeheaven.com/usbank/

What?s the name of the bank? Or do I chose the bank?

Has anyone else had experience with this company (whose name I could not find on their webpage)? :tired:
Ok, they charge only US$45 so who?s going to give it a try? I will follow then. ;)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
The bank............

.......is US Bank.....................It is a bank, I have a few "Visa Buxx" cards for "family" members that I use once in a while in case of emergencies......I'd be more worried about the "company" that is doing the service since they are a third party........but for $45.00 it would be worth the chance.

The bank itself is at www.usbank.com

L

LarrySpencer

Opening an American checking account is very easy. All you need is an identification and to provide a little bit of inforrmation about yourself.

My wife, when she first arrived here simply went down to the bank, presented her identification and they issued her an account. Very easy.

Here is another option: Citibank. Citibank is all over America and is beginning to take the DR by storm. It works out well for those who live in the US to get money to relatives and family because all we have to do is simply go to the bank and deposit the money under their name and, voila!, no transfer charges!

If you sign up for an account in the Dominican Republic, it will be as if you walked into the American branch and opened your account.

Tha same is beginning to happen with Bank of America, so watch for it.

Hoang

Mar 6, 2006
What is James Mclains email address?

Dear James, I bought your product (American A/c For non-US citizen) after reading the forum. I paid through Stormpay,but I havent heard from you yet and I havent received the link of the product yet. I would like to contact you directly rather contacting Stormpay. Kindly, send me a reply to my email address.
Awaiting for your reply.
Kind regards,
Hoang

Hoang

Mar 6, 2006
What is Jame Mclains email address?

Dear Jame, I bought your product (American A/c For non-US citizen) after reading the forum. I paid through Stormpay,but I havent heard from you yet and I havent received the link of the product yet. I would like to contact you directly rather than contacting Stormpay. Kindly, send me a reply to my email address.
Awaiting for your reply.
Kind regards,
Hoang

Hoang

Mar 6, 2006
What is Jame Mclain email address?

Dear Jame, I bought your product (American A/c For non-US citizen) after reading the forum. I paid through Stormpay,but I havent heard from you yet and I havent received the link of the product yet. I would like to contact you directly rather than contacting Stormpay. Kindly, send me a reply to my email address.
Awaiting for your reply.
Kind regards,
Hoang

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hoang, if you left click on the blue check mark after his name, the drop down list will let you send a PM or email to him.

I'm interested in this myself, so will be very interested in knowing how you make out and whether it is really on the up and up.