Calendar - Any good?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What is the main purpose? Can individual posters add items and, if so, are they seen by everybody?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ken said:
What is the main purpose? Can individual posters add items and, if so, are they seen by everybody?

Right now it's set to private calendars only.

Yes, we could have a moderated public calendar.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
Robert said:
Please let me know if this is any good and useful?

Thanks.

I would like to see a public one that people can add (maybe subject to review) events around the country that might be of interest to the DR1ers. A private one here is of no use to me. (Taco Tuesday for instance, or the upcoming Thanksgiving party.)

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Or people, if they so wish, can post on the moderated "public" calendar when they will be visiting which spots in the DR, so that other poeple can contact them and arrange to meet.

And to post any DR1 get-togethers, regardless of locale (SD, Sosua, NYC, Toronto, DC, etc.).

Just a thought...

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
And what about posting public events of general interest -- such as shows at the National Theater, the Presidente festival of music, san cocho festival, Book Fair, seminars, conferences, trade shows...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Goodness, Robert!

You want us to live, breathe, and depend on DR1 24/7?

:classic: :classic: :classic:

I'm kidding.

Keep up the good work!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We now have a public Calendar and anyone can add events.
These are moderated events, so they will be approved by DR1 before they are seen by all.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
We now have a public Calendar and anyone can add events.
These are moderated events, so they will be approved by DR1 before they are seen by all.

I think that will be more beneficial to the board than a private calendar. People who want that, probably have it already with Outlook or some other program.