'I just got married in may to a DOMINICAN resort worker'.

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
Well now that i know what i am doing i haven't slepted for 24 hours after reading everything on this site and loving all off it. 4 trips to the D.R. in 10 months the first trip bringing me to tears and every trip after that and reading all of the exciting stories u people have to write about my little sample of heaven which is the d.r. talk about my life changing i called my new better half today and told him we could only be friends what have i done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I had a feeling you were going to be posting here when you PMed me wanting instructions

OK so welcome to DR1. You broke up with your better half based on what you have read here and not what you know about him right? So should I pass you over to the sankie section since I'm assuming he has sankie qualities? :laugh:

Where are these people coming from?

Last edited:

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
I just got married in may to a DOMINICAN resort worker

thanks ann for the help i am very sleepy and thinking to much. I want to share some crazy thoughts i have racing in my head ok here it goes me nov 2004 i go to the dr puerto plata first time go to a local bar have lots of men bothering me 2 canadians from t.o. want me to go back to there hotel room seem like nice guys but no thanks 2 local men keep bothering me and my friend getting very tired of all the men in the bar just wanna have a few drinks already have a canadian italian boyfriend at home thought i loved him but he is very selfish .i have never been married almost twice before both men born and raised canadian come from a small town first guy abusive 2nd guy controll freak i have bad taste or bad luck both i guess i have had lots of men like me for different reasons i have met lots of great canadian men and other men from other cultures but my heart will always remain in the DR i cried 3 or 4 times today and i am a strong person and don't show or share my emotions with others but thr DR has changed my life forever and there are no guarantees to any relationship any where when i read about all the men bashing and bad trash about the locals i FREAKED but i have heared all this before and just didn't want to beleive any off it i guess well i did for about 5 hours but tonight i read some other great love stories and well i will follow my heart this time and if i get scrwed again so be it i have met and fell in love with the children the people the animals and the music of thr DR i have learned that i am so very lucky to be canadian and that i shouldn't worry about wanting a biger house or a newwer car or a boyfriend who has a high paying job i have had it all before and i have also had nothing but people in the DR are 1 big happy family i stay eat and live with the locals when i am there i wish canadians could live and think how dominican people do they ar always with what they have canadians are always wanting more and more alwayalooking for a quick fix never taking time for family well lets finish my love story i tell one off local guys that i am taken and my boyfriend works a the bar and they beter stop bugging me well of course they know the bartender and also know he is single and ask him if we are together sorry thought he was a cuttie pie didn't know i was going to marry the guy after the second visit i had with him well he tells me he love me what evr after the first date and tells me how poor he is and wants to pay for eveything and take me out i am like what ever gotta go i go back to the bar 2 more times tell his freinds he is 2 forward don't like him or the way he grings against me on the dance floor danced with him for 30 seconds told him off what a loser ye ye i know i am white and your one way ticket off the island i am 33 and can find my own men at home my last day of my trip i bump into him again at the plaza we say hi and have lunch i find out that my step brother is married to his primo my step brother lived in DR for 13 years now lives in hamilton with his wife and there 2 gurls perfect couple .i stay for an extra night in thr Dr we go out have fun i go home i get a call a few days later from him and his sister who lives in N.Y. drills me on who i am and what i do and why her crazy brother won't stop talking about me the sister wants to met me she is the mother of the family flys to the dr 3 times to meet me to make sure i am good enough for her baby brother fran my husband has family in new york for the past 20years has worked at the resort for 7 years has met alot of different women before could have let the dr a number of times before never did with family loves his country and his people and his child but when i asked him to marry me after only knowinf me for 3 months he said yes i have know him for almost 1 year have gone through alot of stress with immagration visa offices and paper work his family all have money and are great people they all camre to our wedding in may flew up from new york i watched his 79 year old fahter cry it was the best day off my life my freind and family came fran my hubby speaks good english works hard loves his family and all his friend and familyand mine told us not to get married so fast but we fell in love and here we are the things his friend and family tell me about what they have done to tourist women and it blows me away evey time i return from a trip i hear another crazy story i got really worried today after i read the stuff on this site and told him i think i wanna be single and stay in canada alone my hubby wants to live in the dr but he is willing to try it here iworry he won't like it culture shoch oh well if he goes back i willl follow he is the most honest and kind person i have met he gives money to the poor he helps eveyone in need i want him to have abetter life and he is always happy with what he has if my marriage doesn't work i will always remember the dr and his family they treat me like gold the lift the toilet seat for u when u enter there home they hug and kiss u to death they don't judge u not ever u are always welcome there home is ur home well please have some faith in dominican men i still do i almost didn't to day intill i read the great dominican marriages and sories on here Good luck thanks for listening to my long story i am very lucki:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
So, you're Canadian, that's a surprise ;) . Slow down and... breathe.

Wow, the grammar and punctuation police are going to have a "Field Day" with this one.

Not to mention...

Oh, well - you'll find out.

Gregg

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed Gregg!

You are right Gregg, she will find out. From me, she will only get:

Another delusional customer!!.

Last edited:

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
Guess what guys I can spell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I was also up for 48 hours reading all the crap people write on this site. And yes I am CANADIAN and well educated at that and I don't like disabilities I should have know I would only get bad feed back from single canadian men hey I know some single I need another drink

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I was with you until you said

and his family they treat me like gold the lift the toilet seat for u when u enter there home

wtf??? Awfully strange way of welcoming guests, don't you think? In that case, are you a woman or a man?

I highly doubt anyone else will even read what you wrote...we would take the time to offer advice if you would've taken the time to write in English.

Good luck, nonetheless, from a married Canadian woman.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
crazy moon said:
But I was also up for 48 hours reading all the crap people write on this site. And yes I am CANADIAN and well educated at that and I don't like disabilities I should have know I would only get bad feed back from single canadian men hey I know some single I need another drink

Please use a bit of that education to go back and edit the post with 2000 words and no sentences or paragraphs. Nobody can read it.

Really, not being the "grammar police" (since the grammar is awful as well) just break it up into a few (dozen) paragraphs to make it readable.

So you are now split up and he is there and you are in Canada and you aren't going to bring him to Canada (not that immigration will believe the meet and get married part in 60 days - but you can try)??

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Just another one...

Not to minimize what your are dealing with - but yours is just another story, we get so many of them.

Please go back and edit your long post. I for one will not take the time to read this! PUt in caps and punctuation and paragraphs to start with. YOur lack of sleep is not excuse for my being unable to read that diatribe..

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Punctuation is your friend...

crazy moon said:
thanks ann for the help i am very sleepy and thinking to much. I want to share some crazy thoughts i have racing in my head ok here it goes me nov 2004 i go to the dr puerto plata first time go to a local bar have lots of men bothering me 2 canadians from t.o. want me to go back to there hotel room seem like nice guys but no thanks 2 local men keep bothering me and my friend getting very tired of all the men in the bar just wanna have a few drinks already have a canadian italian boyfriend at home thought i loved him but he is very selfish .i have never been married almost twice before both men born and raised canadian come from a small town first guy abusive 2nd guy controll freak i have bad taste or bad luck both i guess i have had lots of men like me for different reasons i have met lots of great canadian men and other men from other cultures but my heart will always remain in the DR i cried 3 or 4 times today and i am a strong person and don't show or share my emotions with others but thr DR has changed my life forever and there are no guarantees to any relationship any where when i read about all the men bashing and bad trash about the locals i FREAKED but i have heared all this before and just didn't want to beleive any off it i guess well i did for about 5 hours but tonight i read some other great love stories and well i will follow my heart this time and if i get scrwed again so be it i have met and fell in love with the children the people the animals and the music of thr DR i have learned that i am so very lucky to be canadian and that i shouldn't worry about wanting a biger house or a newwer car or a boyfriend who has a high paying job i have had it all before and i have also had nothing but people in the DR are 1 big happy family i stay eat and live with the locals when i am there i wish canadians could live and think how dominican people do they ar always with what they have canadians are always wanting more and more alwayalooking for a quick fix never taking time for family well lets finish my love story i tell one off local guys that i am taken and my boyfriend works a the bar and they beter stop bugging me well of course they know the bartender and also know he is single and ask him if we are together sorry thought he was a cuttie pie didn't know i was going to marry the guy after the second visit i had with him well he tells me he love me what evr after the first date and tells me how poor he is and wants to pay for eveything and take me out i am like what ever gotta go i go back to the bar 2 more times tell his freinds he is 2 forward don't like him or the way he grings against me on the dance floor danced with him for 30 seconds told him off what a loser ye ye i know i am white and your one way ticket off the island i am 33 and can find my own men at home my last day of my trip i bump into him again at the plaza we say hi and have lunch i find out that my step brother is married to his primo my step brother lived in DR for 13 years now lives in hamilton with his wife and there 2 gurls perfect couple .i stay for an extra night in thr Dr we go out have fun i go home i get a call a few days later from him and his sister who lives in N.Y. drills me on who i am and what i do and why her crazy brother won't stop talking about me the sister wants to met me she is the mother of the family flys to the dr 3 times to meet me to make sure i am good enough for her baby brother fran my husband has family in new york for the past 20years has worked at the resort for 7 years has met alot of different women before could have let the dr a number of times before never did with family loves his country and his people and his child but when i asked him to marry me after only knowinf me for 3 months he said yes i have know him for almost 1 year have gone through alot of stress with immagration visa offices and paper work his family all have money and are great people they all camre to our wedding in may flew up from new york i watched his 79 year old fahter cry it was the best day off my life my freind and family came fran my hubby speaks good english works hard loves his family and all his friend and familyand mine told us not to get married so fast but we fell in love and here we are the things his friend and family tell me about what they have done to tourist women and it blows me away evey time i return from a trip i hear another crazy story i got really worried today after i read the stuff on this site and told him i think i wanna be single and stay in canada alone my hubby wants to live in the dr but he is willing to try it here iworry he won't like it culture shoch oh well if he goes back i willl follow he is the most honest and kind person i have met he gives money to the poor he helps eveyone in need i want him to have abetter life and he is always happy with what he has if my marriage doesn't work i will always remember the dr and his family they treat me like gold the lift the toilet seat for u when u enter there home they hug and kiss u to death they don't judge u not ever u are always welcome there home is ur home well please have some faith in dominican men i still do i almost didn't to day intill i read the great dominican marriages and sories on here Good luck thanks for listening to my long story i am very lucki:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Don't be afraid to use it once in a while.

I have a headache now.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Let me translate this...

crazy moon said:

But I was also up for 48 hours reading all the crap that people write on this site. And yes, I am CANADIAN, well educated and I don't like disabilities. I should have known that I would get only bad feed back from single canadian men. Hey, I know some single people. I need another drink.

I did my best here. English is not my first language, so my apologies if I took the message out of context.

Wag

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
And I thought I was bad at grammar...this one beat me by a long shot.
Now, how can I straighten my crossed eyes.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I may be way off base here

But, after sifting through that page, it seems that
1) The guy already has a way out if he wants it--the visa process is slow but it does work
2) The guy has a job and is gainfully employed
3)He has 'family" which is an important factor. That bit about the big sister checking out the Canadian girl is surely telling.

While I did not understand the " lift the toilet seat" thing--maybe this is a Newfie insider joke??? The rest of the post made some sense.

My advice: Take it easy, visit with him, get screwed (the good way, not the bad way....:p:p:p) and think. Maybe he doesn't want to go to Canada. Maybe you might like to try and make a living here??

Might be interesting case....

But for God's sake, don't write another page like that.....

We do not need stream of consciousness reading, thank you.

HB :D:D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Wow. :knockedou

That post makes light reading of Finnegans Wake.

Re: lifting the toilet seat - surely people know what that means. In houses where there is an erratic water supply, the well-mannered host/hostess will anxiously 'inspect' the facilities before the guest uses them to make sure there is nothing offensive lurking. (Taken from DR etiquette 101)

I must admit the poster evoked an image of someone holding the seat up while she...

:cross-eye

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Chirimoya said:
Wow. :knockedou

Re: lifting the toilet seat - surely people know what that means. In houses where there is an erratic water supply, the well-mannered host/hostess will anxiously 'inspect' the facilities before the guest uses them to make sure there is nothing offensive lurking. (Taken from DR etiquette 101)

:cross-eye

I got that :) , I just wondered why they did it when she entered their home? And why that was considered being treated like gold. :laugh: The more I think of it, the funnier it is! I really need to get a life...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Just maybe!

trina said:
I got that :) , I just wondered why they did it when she entered their home? And why that was considered being treated like gold. :laugh: The more I think of it, the funnier it is! I really need to get a life...
Maybe they thought that "this time he is bringing a guy home", (you know, because of the swinging both ways thingie) hihihihihihihi!.

Gold, what gold?. Maybe they were checking to see that no "brown gold" was floating around!!. :eek: :eek:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
miguel said:
Maybe they thought that "this time he is bringing a guy home", (you know, because of the swinging both ways thingie) hihihihihihihi!.

Gold, what gold?. Maybe they were checking to see that no "brown gold" was floating around!!. :eek: :eek:

Ewwwwww, and Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Things I did not need to think about on a Monday! :classic:

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
Hello I am Back

Yes I had one 2 many and no I won't go back and waste my time correcting my story .I guess I don't really care what people think of my marriage .I work as a social worker and I can spell he he!!!! NO DRINKING WHEN TYPING OR POSTING PROMISE!!!!!!!! Why are canadian men so negative about DR men my brother has been married 13 years to a Dominican women.Men and women of the DR are looked down on by canadians in this site WHY WHY WHY . I would love to hear some of the relationships canadian men have with local canadian women . Canadian women are worse then men now a days .Well alot of them are I have good new I am staying with my hubby and I am inviting everyone to our 75th wedding anniversary party in adavnce.