Calling to the DR

L

LarrySpencer

I have been searching for the cheapest way to call the DR. Unfortunately, my wife only has a cell phone and it is very expensive. I've tried Vonage and net2phone, but both are still too expensive. VOIP works really well....if she has a computer, but for those of you who have read any of my other posts have probably pointed and laughed at me as the stupid guy who sent a computer through regular post to the DR.....I'll stop here for a brief time so everyone can finish laughing.....

Anyhow, I finally found a site that not only offers great calling cards, some as low as 0.8 cents per minute - yes, that is .8 cents, which is less than 1 penny per minute - but also helps out the Dominican Republic. All the profits from this go toward Instituto Ingl?s Fronterizo, a new English learning school located within el Colegio there. I see that they have reduced their rates, even on their best card, Titanium. I've used it, and it works very well if you want to talk for a long period of time. It's not so good for making several calls, so I just buy several cheaper cards, rather than one expensive card.

Anyway, copy and paste this link. www.chulocards.com - I'm not sure, but I think it really only works from the United States.

Larry

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
It's hard to argue with a card called chulo when calling the DR, that is for sure. Make sure it doesn't take all the money out of your wallet while you use it.

L

LarrySpencer

So far, it's been pretty good to be. The website is called ChuloCards, but the actual card I bought is called Titanium.

L

LarrySpencer

Oh....and they have a card called 100% Platano that I'm still waiting to try. If it's anything like Mangu, it's got to be good!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
For more information, or to find out how you can help, contact Larry Spencer, President, ChuloCards.com at (209) 818-xxxx or visit the website at www.xxxxxxxx

He also fails to mention what percentage of the sales go to education. One of the most blatant, self-serving spams ever to make this forum.....