Latino Men (especially Dominican) and white women

Status
Not open for further replies.

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
I'm currently dating a Latino (not Dominican), and am having a fight with him. Obviously, I turn to my girlfriends for advice, and in talking to one of them, our convo turned to white girls and Latin men.
I am a white girl, and for the past four years have dated strictly Latin men. I go with my bf's/guys I am seeing to the Latin clubs/fests/etc and I always see white girls clamoring for the Latin guys (Dominicans and Puerto Ricans in particular), and I always thought it was because Latin men are amazing lovers (they aren't afraid to go where the white guys won't!), and they treat their women like gold. Apparently I'm wrong?
My girlfriend (who is Latina) claims Latin men are dogs and mistreat their women, and they only thing they think a white girl is good for is making babies. According to her, I've had amazing luck with my Latin bf's, because I've always been treated well, and she is convinced that is some kid of miraculous occurance, because all Latino's are dogs.
I know the majority of Latino's I meet, always comment on how beautiful our babies would be...even before I've gotten a chance to know them! But, I always assumed Latin men liked white women, because we are exotic to them and represent a form of status.
So, what do the men in this forum think? I've always been curious about this.....

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
A Form of Status?

Thats funny!

Latino men think white girls are easy hoes that look for the platano with no strings. You are getting juiced baby while he is committed to a more conservative Latina. Can I get some too?

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mario said:
Thats funny!

Latino men think white girls are easy hoes that look for the platano with no strings. You are getting juiced baby while he is committed to a more conservative Latina. Can I get some too?

The only Latin guys who would see having a gringa as a step up in "social status" are chopos.

Scandall

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Whether you are kidding or not.....that post was tasteless.
Mario said:
Thats funny!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
mondongo said:
Whether you are kidding or not.....that post was tasteless.

Mondongo I agree, so as one of our few latin/Dominican posters here can you answer her question.

We seem to get the same crap from the same people.;)

Thanks

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
I don't know about being a step up but they definitely find the blonde hair, light skin, blue eyes and what not exotic. I was speaking about this with a friend from elsalvador who's mom is latina and her dad latino, but the mom has much lighter skin then your typical latino......She said that when her parents were dating her dad use to ask her mom to dye her hair blonde. Now in my experience I have alot of people approach me and comment on my freckles......how many latinos have you seen with freckles? So I think to some extent depending on where you meet your guy that this could be a plausible explaination.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
The grass is always greener....

Hello Pride21.

I am Wag, latino, 6.0 feet tall, from a well off family and was educated in South America, US and Europe. Now I am in my late 30's, not bad looking and have some luck with the ladies.

I want to give you a little background on myself before I comment on your question.

Here are some of the things I have heard about the subject:

- White girls are sluts that will jump in bed with anyone they like.
- White girls = cold fish in bed compared to latinas.
- Latinas are lousy in bed because they are conservative, white girls know what they do.
- Latin lover.
- Latinos cannot stay with only one woman they have to "diversify"
- Latinos beat their women and they like it.
- White men are lousy in bed.

You will hear things like this all the time, and the truth is that it is all true, and it is all BS also.

You will find examples that will match exactly the above statements, and you will find the same amount that will make you think otherwise.

In the end it is all about perspective and personal experience. For example on your comment:

But, I always assumed Latin men liked white women, because we are exotic to them and represent a form of status.

I can tell you from the start, that if any girl thinks that a latin guy having a white girl is a step up in status for him, she has been hanging around the latin ghettos for too long.

It all depends what circles you frequent.

In summary; in my experience, the women we like to have as a love interest need to be:

- Beautiful and classie.
- A lady on the street.
- A Hoe (not sure this is the correct spelling) in bed.
- Loving, caring and undestanding.
- Excelent "housewives"
- Loving mothers.
- Inteligent and career oriented.

You might say, whoa! there are no such women, but you are wrong. There are few of them, but they are there.

Oh and for the casual one nighter we just want:

- Goodlooking enough or nothing that a few beers won't take care of.

That is all....

Oh by the way, the above statement applies to all men not just latinos.

[Edited for grammar, nobody is perfect :p]

Last edited:

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
funny how you only ask the opinion of the men...

on this forum. Sorry hunny but most of your answers will be skewed. although few will be right on the money like Wag. My question for you is, what do you get out of dating "strictly latin men?" do you have an alterior motive? are you stepping up or down? Obviously your man treats you well so why do you even care? I dont want to sound mean but, yor post struck a nerve. from my experience It seems that many (not all!!) Latin men will treat a white woman (such as yourself) like gold and treat women of their own culture like crap. Why they do this...I have many speculations, but who really knows, everyone is unique and must have their own reasons. I think that for many ignorant men (and women) they consider it a step up to be with a person who is European looking, but this is old news.

My point is be happy w/ your Latin lover because its true, it is rare to find a good one!!

pride21 said:
I'm currently dating a Latino (not Dominican), and am having a fight with him. Obviously, I turn to my girlfriends for advice, and in talking to one of them, our convo turned to white girls and Latin men.
I am a white girl, and for the past four years have dated strictly Latin men. I go with my bf's/guys I am seeing to the Latin clubs/fests/etc and I always see white girls clamoring for the Latin guys (Dominicans and Puerto Ricans in particular), and I always thought it was because Latin men are amazing lovers (they aren't afraid to go where the white guys won't!), and they treat their women like gold. Apparently I'm wrong?
My girlfriend (who is Latina) claims Latin men are dogs and mistreat their women, and they only thing they think a white girl is good for is making babies. According to her, I've had amazing luck with my Latin bf's, because I've always been treated well, and she is convinced that is some kid of miraculous occurance, because all Latino's are dogs.
I know the majority of Latino's I meet, always comment on how beautiful our babies would be...even before I've gotten a chance to know them! But, I always assumed Latin men liked white women, because we are exotic to them and represent a form of status.
So, what do the men in this forum think? I've always been curious about this.....

Zorian1

Aug 21, 2005
jumping in...

being an outsider... (not white nor latin) I think this sort of thinking is flawed.
could it be the latins are as close to black as you can get with out being called out? ;)

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
pride21 said:
I always thought it was because Latin men are amazing lovers (they aren't afraid to go where the white guys won't!), and they treat their women like gold. Apparently I'm wrong?

Dearie (sarcasm),

Please do get over your white skin. And way to go on sexualizing latino males--have your darkest, and most exotic sexual fantasies been fullfilled?......yuck, i think I'm going to throw up now.

Last edited:

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Yari said:
on this forum. Sorry hunny but most of your answers will be skewed. although few will be right on the money like Wag. My question for you is, what do you get out of dating "strictly latin men?" do you have an alterior motive? are you stepping up or down? Obviously your man treats you well so why do you even care? I dont want to sound mean but, yor post struck a nerve. from my experience It seems that many (not all!!) Latin men will treat a white woman (such as yourself) like gold and treat women of their own culture like crap. Why they do this...I have many speculations, but who really knows, everyone is unique and must have their own reasons. I think that for many ignorant men (and women) they consider it a step up to be with a person who is European looking, but this is old news.

My point is be happy w/ your Latin lover because its true, it is rare to find a good one!!
Just taking a stab and posting from my experience, but they treat white woman better because in the cases i have seen the white woman won't allow them to treat them like crap. This isn't true for all cases, but from the number of cases I have seen or been around it seems to be a case. Even if the guys isn't latino, latina woman usually don't talk back or put their men in their place.

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
Yari said:

Trust me, I am very happy with him. I have only had four relationships in my life..all serious, and long term, and all but one with Latin men. I am just attracted to everything about the particular Latin guys I've been with, from the way they treat me, to the way they look, to their culture, and how we've been able to learn and experience new things with each other. I wouldn't consider it neither a step up nor down, because my boyfriend and I are equal.
I posted the question here, because (as I said in the post) I was discussing this topic with my Latin girlfriend, who has sworn off Latin men forever because of one bad experience. And, I am trying to prove to her that Latin men will not fall at the feet of white women, and not their own culture...it is strictly a matter of preference.
Personally, I think people are always attracted to their opposites, because it is something new for them to experience...I'm white, but prefer Latin men, and haven't dated a white guy since my first bf. This is why I think Latin men like white women...because it represents something different to them.
You say it's hard to find a good Latin guy...which is what my girlfriend says all the time. There is no way that I have been blessed to meet only spectacular Latin men...and all, but one, of the Latin men I've met, have been really great guys...whether lovers, or only friends, and have treated me the way every woman should be treated. I'm trying to prove to my girlfriend that the "consider yourself lucky, because most Latinos are dogs" mentality is a wrong one.
You say latin men treat white women like gold, but not Latina's...why do you think that is? That is what I'm most curious about.

Wag said:
Hello Pride21.

I am Wag, latino, 6.0 feet tall, from a well off family and was educated in South America, US and Europe. Now I am in my late 30's, not bad looking and have some luck with the ladies.

I want to give you a little background on myself before I comment on your question.

Here are some of the things I have heard about the subject:

- White girls are sluts that will jump in bed with anyone they like.
- White girls = cold fish in bed compared to latinas.
- Latinas are lousy in bed because they are conservative, white girls know what they do.
- Latin lover.
- Latinos cannot stay with only one woman they have to "diversify"
- Latinos beat their women and they like it.
- White men are lousy in bed.

You will hear things like this all the time, and the truth is that it is all true, and it is all BS also.

You will find examples that will match exactly the above statements, and you will find the same amount that will make you think otherwise.

In the end it is all about perspective and personal experience. For example on your comment:

I can tell you from the start, that if any girl thinks that a latin guy having a white girl is a step up in status for him, she has been hanging around the latin ghettos for too long.

It all depends what circles you frequent.

In summary; in my experience, the women we like to have as a love interest need to be:

- Beautiful and classie.
- A lady on the street.
- Loving, caring and undestanding.
- Excelent "housewives"
- Loving mothers.
- Inteligent and career oriented.

You might say, whoa! there are no such women, but you are wrong. There are few of them, but they are there.

Oh and for the casual one nighter we just want:

- Goodlooking enough or nothing that a few beers won't take care of.

That is all....

Oh by the way, the above statement applies to all men not just latinos.

[Edited for grammar, nobody is perfect :p]

You got it 100% right Wag

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
pride21 said:
You say latin men treat white women like gold, but not Latina's...why do you think that is? That is what I'm most curious about.

Well, some like Mofi think that it is because white women dont let themselves get treated like crap, but how about all of those white girls that do take it (the crap i mean), because believe me they exist.

One of my theories is that some latin men are trying to be with someone so totally oposite from their mother that they go in that direction. I have two brothers and a niece and a nephew who are both half white. They both solely date white women but I cannot say that they have treated them like gold either. Its a complicated situation which sux for those Latinas that go a lifetime without being able to be in a relationship with a GOOD LATINO.

Yari

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Lets not generalize....

This is why I think Latin men like white women...because it represents something different to them.

Wrong....in the sense that not all latin men think like that.

Think about your preference in men like you would think about your preference in chicken.

Some people like white meat (breast), some others like dark meat (legs and thighs). Why? It really does not matter; having a whole debate on which kind of meat is tastier, it's pointless.

You just happen to be a legs-and-thighs type of girl, that is just it.

But if you are like me, I just like chicken............ as long as it is cooked to my liking ;)

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
Love the analogy :)

Wag said:
Wrong....in the sense that not all latin men think like that.

Think about your preference in men like you would think about your preference in chicken.

Some people like white meat (breast), some others like dark meat (legs and thighs). Why? It really does not matter; having a whole debate on which kind of meat is tastier, it's pointless.

You just happen to be a legs-and-thighs type of girl, that is just it.

But if you are like me, I just like chicken............ as long as it is cooked to my liking ;)

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
Yari said:
Well, some like Mofi think that it is because white women dont let themselves get treated like crap, but how about all of those white girls that do take it (the crap i mean), because believe me they exist.

One of my theories is that some latin men are trying to be with someone so totally oposite from their mother that they go in that direction. I have two brothers and a niece and a nephew who are both half white. They both solely date white women but I cannot say that they have treated them like gold either. Its a complicated situation which sux for those Latinas that go a lifetime without being able to be in a relationship with a GOOD LATINO.

Yari

One of my good girlfriends is in a serious relationship with a Latino who is a complete ass, so I know that not all Latin men treat their white girls like gold..you are VERY correct in that sense.
As for trying to get away from the mother types, I don't know about that....all of the Latinos I've dated have been very much momma's boys, and put their mothers (well, grandmothers first, mothers second) before anything else.
Of course, what one Latin guy wants could be the complete opposite from what the other wants, but I'm just trying to generalize in a positive light, rather than the negative one my girlfriend has cast over Latino's.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
I've dated have been very much momma's boys, and put their mothers (well, grandmothers first, mothers second) before anything else.

That is being family oriented. Latin people in its majority are family oriented, family means everything to us.

That is one of the treats that men (all kinds) look for in their women, and under the same perspective; how men treat their mothers, that is how they will treat their women when they become the most important woman in their life.

Of course there are the real mama's boys which cannot part of their mother influence but that is not the norm.

Think about how a child can be influenced when he lives in an environment where his father treats his grandmother with love and tender care.... Guess what..... that is how he will treat his own mother. And I guess you cannot complaint if that happens to be you in the future.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
One lucky girl!

Think about how a child can be influenced when he lives in an environment where his father treats his grandmother with love and tender care.... Guess what..... that is how he will treat his own mother. And I guess you cannot complaint if that happens to be you in the future.[/QUOTE]

My fiancee is a great guy, but after reading you post, I was thinking how he is with his mom, and aunts and sisters, and neices. And I am one lucky woman, because he treats them as gold, as he does me.
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.