Sivory Punta Cana

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Sivory, Punta Cana's first luxury boutique hotel and a Small Luxury Hotels of the World member, is set to open in December. It will be runned by Ana Lisa Brache, a former manager at Casa de Campo.

Here a description of the hotel by SLH:

A new property that will change the landscape of luxury resorts in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic is the 55 room Sivory resort set to open December 1st. The oversized rooms decorated in a relaxing Balinese style feature private gardens, most with ocean views, that offer complete privacy out of sight from other guests. The hotel is illustrating their attention to detail from the start with custom made furnishings handpicked in Indonesia and Europe. Breaking away from the traditional all-inclusive format in Punta Cana, Sivory will offer 3 a la carte restaurants offering International cuisine, seafood and Asian fusion.

www.sivorypuntacana.com/

Last edited:

katty

Mar 14, 2003
it will be nice for the ones that want to travel to PC for a smaller resort. My feelings on these resorts now are looking more like Vegas, bigger and bigger and bigger. I perfer smaller if I choose to go to that area

TCR

Oct 14, 2005
Please let us know where exactly this resort will be!
I also like smaller exclusive hotels.

Thanks, TCR

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The Sivory Hotel is in Uvero Alto, about an hour from Punta Cana airport, and developers are the people who own Catalonia Hotel.
It wasn't finished when I passed by there but what I saw looked pretty impressive.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Just got off the phone with the sales manager - here are the details on the amenities. Room prices appear to be quite high on the website - $517 a night for the Jr. Suite.

Hotel details:
SUITE AMENITIES
? 1 king size Bed
? Private Balcony with Chaise Lounges
? Private Terrace with swimming pool (Luxury Oceanfront Jr. Suites)
? Bathroom with two person tub & double-headed shower
? Bathrobes
? Custom bath products by ETRO
? Coffee maker
? Safety box
? Minibar
? Separate seating area
? Flat screen Satellite TV
? DVD/CD Player
? High speed internet connection
? 3 telephones

AQUAREA WELLNESS & SPA INFORMATION
? 4.300 square feet
? Sauna
? Gym
? Jacuzzi
? Chromo therapy
? Massage
? Manicure
? Pedicure
? Vichy Bathtub
? Body mud treatment
? Thermal Pool

GUEST SERVICES AND FACILITIES
? Infinity-edge pool
? Water Sports
? Beauty salon
? Multilingual hotel staff
? 328 yards beach
? Putting Green
? 2-to-1 staff-to-guest ratio

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
A.J. said:
Just got off the phone with the sales manager - here are the details on the amenities. Room prices appear to be quite high on the website - $517 a night for the Jr. Suite.

Hotel details:
SUITE AMENITIES
? 1 king size Bed
? Private Balcony with Chaise Lounges
? Private Terrace with swimming pool (Luxury Oceanfront Jr. Suites)
? Bathroom with two person tub & double-headed shower
? Bathrobes
? Custom bath products by ETRO
? Coffee maker
? Safety box
? Minibar
? Separate seating area
? Flat screen Satellite TV
? DVD/CD Player
? High speed internet connection
? 3 telephones

AQUAREA WELLNESS & SPA INFORMATION
? 4.300 square feet
? Sauna
? Gym
? Jacuzzi
? Chromo therapy
? Massage
? Manicure
? Pedicure
? Vichy Bathtub
? Body mud treatment
? Thermal Pool

GUEST SERVICES AND FACILITIES
? Infinity-edge pool
? Water Sports
? Beauty salon
? Multilingual hotel staff
? 328 yards beach
? Putting Green
? 2-to-1 staff-to-guest ratio

This is an AI, right?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Not wholly - they have an AI and an EP plan. The price I quoted was for the EP plan.

There are now two small luxury hotels in the DR, this one and the Casa Colonial in Playa Dorada.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
A.J. said:
Don't forget to add the 26% tax. That brings it to $650US a night (excluding meals) for the least expensive accommodation. Seems a bit pricey.

The website is about the worst website I've seen in a while. While artistically pleasing it is difficult and time consuming to get any information.

MMN

Jan 18, 2006
Can't Wait

My husband and I are staying at the Sivory next month, 2/17. I definitely do not think the price is high. The restaurant menus they have look outstanding. Completely different feeling from the other all inclusive resorts. We sprung for the Luxury Jr. Oceanfront with our own private plunge pool. I searched and searched for resorts that had private plunge pools and I found prices that were so high so when I came upon this place not only was the price to me reasonable but the rooms looked beautiful and everything appeared private and intimate. We did book the trip and my husband has been the one in contact with them. From the impression I get from my husband, the staff is attentive to every detail. The respond quickly to all his emails and provides us answers to all our questions. The friendly and attentive staff makes me look so forward to this trip.

artzoop

Jan 20, 2006
restaurant menus?

Hi,
Where did you locate the sivory's restaurant menus? I do not see them on their website.
Thank you.
g.b.