Cedula question

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
About a year ago I applied for a Dominican Cedula for the first time. they gave me a receipt to pick it up at the Junta Central in Santiago. I haven't picked up yet because I haven't been there since. I am going this December, My question is will my cedula still be there? I heard they send it back to the capitol Santo Domingo after some period of time. Then after you would have to go to the main JCE to pick it up. Does any one knows how long it stays there at the JCE of Santiago before they send it out to the Main JCE ( Juntan Central Electoral) of Santo Domingo.???

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Nyeden said:
About a year ago I applied for a Dominican Cedula for the first time. they gave me a receipt to pick it up at the Junta Central in Santiago. I haven't picked up yet because I haven't been there since. I am going this December, My question is will my cedula still be there? I heard they send it back to the capitol Santo Domingo after some period of time. Then after you would have to go to the main JCE to pick it up. Does any one knows how long it stays there at the JCE of Santiago before they send it out to the Main JCE ( Juntan Central Electoral) of Santo Domingo.???
How about you give them a call so you can get a straight answer.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
My experience

Applied for it first week of Jan 05. They told me it would take 3 months. Went back in June 05 and got it. 6 months and it was still in the Santiago office.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
Thanks for all that info... I managed to get the JCE number of Santiago.. It seems that since all is now computerized. there able to retain them there.