Best Beach Bar North Coast

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Didn't see one for Best Beach Bar North Coast.

My Favorite: El Rocon
Where: Between Sosua and Cabarete, just west of Kite Surf
Why: One of the nicest view of the ocean, very tipical, no frills bar, nice folks and decent priced beer at 50 pesos.
Extra: Free beach chairs all day.

Would like to find out about more good beach bars that I haven't been to.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
ecarignan said:

Why: One of the nicest view of the ocean, very tipical, no frills bar, nice folks and decent priced beer at 50 pesos.

I like this one, too. I think they changed owners recently, and I haven't been there in about 2 months. But my previous experiences have been great there.

It's two doors down from Taco Tuesday........

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
El Rocon- have any good wings??

Hi guys, noticed you mentioning a good beach bar, and it happens to be between Sosua and Cabarete. I think that will be close to where we are planning to stay at the Ocean's Manor Resort - right Tim??
Anyways, just wondering if they serve good wings? Our group really enjoy a few beers and some good hot wings - not the breaded type.
If this place is not known for wings, have you got any suggestions for real good wings.?
Thanks for your help!!

Meg

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
megamania said:
Hi guys, noticed you mentioning a good beach bar, and it happens to be between Sosua and Cabarete. I think that will be close to where we are planning to stay at the Ocean's Manor Resort - right Tim??
Anyways, just wondering if they serve good wings? Our group really enjoy a few beers and some good hot wings - not the breaded type.
If this place is not known for wings, have you got any suggestions for real good wings.?
Thanks for your help!!

Meg

Not too far from Ocean's Manor, but they are at opposite ends of town. Maybe an 8-15 minute drive, depending on how many times you miss the turn to El Rocon.

I don't think they have wings. Every time I've been I've had some sort of fish. ~500 pesos without drinks. Great place for a romantic, yet casual dinner, or a small dinner party.

I'm not a big "wing" guy... not sure where to send you for those... maybe Rocky's? in Sosua?

tim

faer

Jan 6, 2005
and what about "burgers at paradise"...Sandy's an Rob's place?....nice to go by when taking a walk through the beah...Pedro prepares very nice pina coladas....great company, just friends..never crowded...just the kind of place I like..

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
faer said:
and what about "burgers at paradise"...Sandy's an Rob's place?....nice to go by when taking a walk through the beah...Pedro prepares very nice pina coladas....great company, just friends..never crowded...just the kind of place I like..

I should have mentioned the proper name in my earlier post...

For those that don't know, this is where Taco Tuesday's is held.

I agree with everything above, though I've never tried the Pina Coladas... I never made it past the Margaritas.

If you stumble across this place... stumble in. It's a treat!

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Nice shamless plug natura! I was there acouple weeks ago during the day with a buddy of mine it does look pretty righteous.
So is "Burgers at Paradise" in El Rocon as well? Sounds cool I drive by there almost everyday and haven't stopped in thoughI think now I will make the walk from Cabarete Beach and check it out. Thanks for the tips!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
sb - the 2 are basically next to each other, on a small road that's parallel to the Sosua-Cabarete Highway... quite a walk from downtown Cabarete...maybe 5 miles or so...

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Got Married there

I got Married at El Rocon ! nice place very tipico and a great cook ! They put on an excellent spread and beautiful salads and all for our wedding dinner.

Highly recommend it.

Ramone sold it ?

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
5 miles

sb - the 2 are basically next to each other, on a small road that's parallel to the Sosua-Cabarete Highway... quite a walk from downtown Cabarete...maybe 5 miles or so...
David

t can't be 5 miles away, no way! Our place is in Costa Azul and those places are right across the street from us. When I jump in the car and go to Janet's grocery store, it takes about 3 minutes to get there. We never tried to walk from the Taco Tuesday beach to the Kite beach but my guess would be 20 minutes to half hour walk.
Steve

Sailor

Dec 15, 2006

There's always Jose O'Shays

I think i will agree with sailor. Jose Oshay's is the best bar in the north coast. And tlking about cheap beer they have a daily happy hour (that they now enhanced with almost everything half price) and they sell all the draft beer you can drink between 4pm and 7pm for 99 pesos (thats the reason of why i hang out there daily).

In the other hand the staff there ROCKS.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Jose O'Shays is okay.
Prices (other than happy hour) are high & food is fair at best - though the menu items will look attractive to an anglo clientelle.

Why do people travel 1000's of miles just to go to a place with the ambiance and food they could find back home?

champ

Dec 2, 2006
chris and madys in cofresi is by far the nicest atmosphere on the north coast,,,awesome lobster and steak and cold beer,,,pool tables ,,sports tv,,,great view

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Sounds like you don't get out of Cabarete very much, my friend.

Do a search on DR1 for Jose O'Shays and read all the negative comments. High prices, mediocre food, FAMOUS for padding bills, and no desire to cater to locals, only the tourists that pay way too much for everything.

There are lots of neat little bars all along the North Coast, but I wouldn't classify Jose O'Shays as one of them.

I would have to agree with you on that. If I wanted to go to an Irish bar I would go to Ireland.

Does any one know of any good Dominican bars in Ireland:lick: