Going to the Presidente Festival

gatamayo

Feb 16, 2005
Well this Thursday (10/13/05), I'm off to see the Presidente Festival. I'll have a full report when I return. I'll be stopping by Santiago to see some friends and adopted family. ;)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
You might see pictures posted on Univision.com...I'm flying down on 10/14 to cover the event!!!

So, be careful what you do...you don't want to see yourself in print!!! ;)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Wow!!!

I work for Univision Radio and Univision On Line...so I'm covering the event for both!!!

Let's try to look for each other...I'll be wearing a brown tank top with jeans...and of course, my Univision ID...you can't miss me!!!

Tony is coming with me!!! ;)

MQ

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I hope you enjoy the festival that I will miss this year, the news reported that they are only buying tickets for saturday (Launching Slip) the rest for all days has been sold. I wanted to go Sunday as you know some of them came in the previus versions of the festival.

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Just some festival info

riravaga said:
I hope you enjoy the festival that I will miss this year, the news reported that they are only buying tickets for saturday (Launching Slip) the rest for all days has been sold. I wanted to go Sunday as you know some of them came in the previus versions of the festival.

I live across the street from Centro Olympico, and the festival. It is now 3:49 in the afternoon, and you would not beleive the line to get in! If you want good seats, you better get here real soon. I know that scalpers are already were charging yesterday $1000-1500 pesos for tickets. Don't know where they are today.

JRR

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
The concert was great last night, and the fireworks show outstanding. I would be very interested in knowing the attendence numbers - the place was packed. The people watching was as much fun as the concert. And even though there were lines everything was well organized.

If you can get your hands on VIP Box tickets it is well worth it. It was a truly unique experience for us since we have never been to a concert before where there is all the free beer you want and free food (pizza,hotdogs,palitos cerveceros) and waiters to bring it to your seats. Which had a free Presidente cushion to help with bum fatique. In some ways and for some (high school/college age for example) it would be more fun to be down in the infield but I really enjoyed having a seat and not having to stand the whole night.

The only very slight negative was how long it took to reset the stage between each act (but really it just fit more drinking time in so maybe it wasn't a negative). But overall a very enjoyable evening.

Long live Presidente!

gatamayo

Feb 16, 2005
Well let me start off by saying that the concert all three days were "phenomenal". Chayanne, Diego Torres, Franco DeVita and Los Merengueros
(Rafa Rosario, Sergio Vargas, Ruby Perez, Jonnie Ventura) stole the show. Daddy Yankee was great by I just don't see the appeal. Please no replies to this point I'm allowed to my opinion. Everyone acted wonderfully no problems whatsoever. Everything was well organized. The set changes could have been shorter but hey thems the breaks. I had a chance to go back stage and meet some of the artists. All of them class acts. The JLO hype was just that hype. Her husband is 10X's the singer she'll ever be and a great show man. In all I had a wonderful time. I highly recommend that everyone who enjoys Latin music go see this festival in 2007.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
gatamayo: too bad we didn't get to meet....but maybe you saw me asking some questions to the ones that were kind enough (or not well known enough) to show up at the press area for conferences???

Marc & JLo were great publicity for the concert, but as usual, very busy to please the public (his current hit "Tu amor me hace bien" was the one the people were waiting for and he left them waiting...never came back on stage to sing it!) and of course didn't have it in their contract to come to the press area to talk to us...

Bisbal and Chayanne, I was surprised didn't show up there either...they are usually very good with the press...oh, well...

I LOVED the merengueros...they deserve more recognition, they should have saved their money on Julieta Venegas and Bisbal, and put in more bachateros and merengueros...

Just my opinion, though...no stones, please!!!

I'll be posting some pics later on this week...

MQ

gatamayo

Feb 16, 2005
Musicqueen, it was a shame we didn't get to meet but hey I'll look you up when I move to Miami next year. Who knows I might end up working for Univision. Chayanne had to catch a plane immediately after the concert to return to Puerto Rico for an event he had the next day. Bisbal had to as well but I think it was more of his managers being jerks. Julieta Venegas rocked as well but female rock stars are very few and in between in the Latin community. Thalia and Paulina are pop stars not rock stars. As far as the merengueros quite a few more were invited but declined due to scheduling conflicts (read as asking for way too much money and petty jealousies amongst themselves). Thats why the ones that performed are true class acts. I can wait to see the pics. Technically I didn't use my press credentials to get in since ABCNews isn't a Latin news organization. I had friends on the crew and a very close friend who danced in the festival opening accomodate me with getting me backstage.