What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom75

Oct 16, 2005
What does the term "todo esse" or just "esse" mean? I'm not sure how it's spelt, but that's more or less how it sounds. I get the impression that it is not good when you say this about someone else. I can kind of fugure out the literal meaning, but what is it slang for in DR?

tom75

Oct 16, 2005
Not really. Went out with my girlfriend and her friend looked me over and said "todo ese" to her. Asked the girlfiend what it meant, she wouldn't say, really. The friend still says that to others in my presence "esse", so I am curious. Am I way off base here? Maybe she is just asking for a banana or something.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Looking you up and down and saying "todo ese" means "all of this" . It could be said for a negative meaning but perhaps others will help us out here.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Maybe, it was "Todo eso"...as in "todo eso es tuyo?" which is colloquial for "all that is yours?" This would be equivalent to an "all that and a bag of chips"-type compliment, I guess.

If you are also speaking US-Latino slang terms Ese is a homeboy look for a gangster. But this is more prevalent term among other Latino groups, not Dominicans. If this is your question, then I think you are not dealing with dominicans and are probably on the wrong website.

Last edited:

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
tom75 said:
Not really. Went out with my girlfriend and her friend looked me over and said "todo ese" to her. Asked the girlfiend what it meant, she wouldn't say, really. The friend still says that to others in my presence "esse", so I am curious. Am I way off base here? Maybe she is just asking for a banana or something.
The question is, what kind of banana? Babel Fish translates "todo eso" as "all that". From The Online Slang Dictionary: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wrader/slang/a.html

all that adj 1. superior, as good as it gets. ("She thinks she's all that, and more!").

If she was using an American slang term, then it was quite a compliment and might explain why your girlfriend was reticent to discuss it.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.