That Glazed Look

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Recently, Berzin wrote in a post titled ?Quest For Love?, ?Pick up a girl, on the beach or at a bar. Check her out. She is looking INCREDIBLY bored. So are her friends. But you make eye contact and a smile snakes across your face and hers too. You of course don't know this but this is her job-sitting around waiting for some fool to take her out.?

He went on to write, ?You notice that she still has that bored, glazed look in her eye. No, you're just another stupid gringo to her. But you don't care because she's driving you wild-beautiful face with a body to match, the thoughts of an incredible evening overcoming your better judgment.?

My question is, what is with this glazed look?

During my 3 weeks in the DR I met around 25 different women and engaged in conversation with all of them. They ranged in age from 17 to 28 years old. As I had my female translator with me, if I got stuck in what I wanted to say, Fran would step in so there was little doubt about what I wanted to convey. I would explain that I have been to the Dominican Republic many times and know most of the country quite well. Explaining that I had just finished my relationship with my novia of two years, I would go on to explain that I was searching for a new girlfriend interested in a long term relationship. I would tell them what they could expect from me, as far as loyalty, financial responsibility, and educational assistance were concerned. I also would explain what I expected of them in return.

These women came from all walks of Dominican life. Some were students, some unemployed, some with good jobs, some with children and some with none, some poor and some were not. One fact held true thought most of these women (60%), that glazed look. From the initial greeting thru quality alone time in the hotel the look was there. Even in moments of what I thought was deepest passion, the look was still evident.

What is it with this look, I am baffled?

Chuckuindy

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chucky honey that glazed look is saying;

" I have no idea what you are saying but if I keep smiling my life will improve I'm sure"

I don't know but I took at stab at it. :laugh:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The gazed look is likely a coping mechanism. These women are people after all, and having to sell the only thing they have, their body, must be extremely traumatic for many.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Hey Charlie :) I am glad to know you had a good time... about that glazed look... I noticed it in the fotos... especially Sofie, I thought she was feeling sick... anyway... it can be what Anna says, some girls are more artists than others ya know...

Please stick to the type of girls you met in this trip... you know... 700 pesos a night is a good deal (kind of). They look young and beautiful (who cares about their glazed eyes, do you?). You don't have to take any responsibility for them AND please, do not offer what you are not willing to (or can't) give.

The best way to get a long term relationship is not to offer it from the very beginning. You have to work on it, day by day. Good partners are not for sale. You can't shop for it. But of course, you still can buy a so-so copy.

Jess

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
chuckuindy said:
Her's my stab at an explanation.

disassociation - a state in which some integrated part of a person's life becomes separated from the rest of the personality and functions independently

Gregg

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
FireGuy said:
Her's my stab at an explanation.

disassociation - a state in which some integrated part of a person's life becomes separated from the rest of the personality and functions independently

Gregg

I know this is a serious comment... but first in my mind was ---- And which part would that be Gregg? :laugh:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Meow!!!!!!!

andrea9k said:
Hey Charlie :) I am glad to know you had a good time... about that glazed look... I noticed it in the fotos... especially Sofie, I thought she was feeling sick... anyway... it can be what Anna says, some girls are more artists than others ya know...

Please stick to the type of girls you met in this trip... you know... 700 pesos a night is a good deal (kind of). They look young and beautiful (who cares about their glazed eyes, do you?). You don't have to take any responsibility for them AND please, do not offer what you are not willing to (or can't) give.

The best way to get a long term relationship is not to offer it from the very beginning. You have to work on it, day by day. Good partners are not for sale. You can't shop for it. But of course, you still can buy a so-so copy.

Jess
I think Sofie?s look is more of ecstasy rather than being sick. I have never judged your love life so why would you want to judge mine?

All I am guilty of is giving a little hope until I find the right woman. What is so wrong with that?

Chuckuindy

Last edited by a moderator:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
These women came from all walks of Dominican life. Some were students, some unemployed, some with good jobs, some with children and some with none, some poor and some were not. One fact held true thought most of these women (60%), that glazed look. From the initial greeting thru quality alone time in the hotel the look was there. Even in moments of what I thought was deepest passion, the look was still evident.

Chuckuindy[/QUOTE]

I have been trying to figure this out myself. It seems to me that this "glazed look" is how they separate themselves from an act they REALLY don't want to perform.

It just so happens that I was recently with someone in Sosua who stayed with me and she did'nt ask for a DIME. On several occasions SHE paid for our time out on the town. But I payed for it with drama and emotional baggage.

This was a person I cared about and wanted to help. I never could get across to her what she was losing if we never saw each other again. Then it hit me-she does'nt really care. Who am I but just another tourist?

The possibility of meeting another idiot with more money than braincells is highly likely for her. She is a young, attractive girl who knows how to please but is useless outside of the bedroom. All I can say is, I had a blast but in the end it was'nt worth it.

My feeling, Chuckuindy, is that these girls just don't give a damn. They've been with so many other men that we are just another guy waiting in line. Jaded to the hilt.

Last edited:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Chris said:
I know this is a serious comment... but first in my mind was ---- And which part would that be Gregg? :laugh:
Your first instinct was correct - it was a serious comment and I know you're intelligent enough to know that this is one of a variety of coping mechanisms which can be employed in a variety of less than perfect situations.

Gregg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You're right Gregg I use it all the time when people go on and on about stuff I'm not interested in. I nod but I'm a million miles away. :laugh:

I call it "going into space". I perfected it when I was in hairdressing. Never was interested in gossip.

Comes in handy even now. ;)

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Charlie

I apologize for being cold and cynic. You are right. It is your life, you have the right to lead it however you can.

Don't miss the last paragraph, it was intended to be an advice. kind of cynic too... what can I do... I can't help myself :ermm:

About my life, I don't use to post about it.

Jess

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
That Glazed Look! -- Don't mind me Honey! Live out your fantasy and don't forget to pay when you're done!"

Old White Guy: "It's not so bad Honey ... there are perks to this job. I will pay some for some family enrichment. How many kids you got? ... I'll be willing to send some of them to school... as long as you remain 'bent over'... It would be even cooler if you could pretend that you 'love' me... "

That Glazed Look! -- "Well, Honey, do what you need to ... of course I 'love' you! I have these kids and I'll remain 'bent over' while you're promising money for school .. what a bargain. Just do your thing Lover Boy!"

Aaarch... Down Chris!

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I guess when you go shopping at Kmart instead of Saks, you get that glazed look.

I think sometimes it's best not to post the "full" details, you just invite cynicism.

illwill76

Oct 11, 2005
I can't wait

Wow all this info I just can't wait see if I can notice or pick up on the look when I go to DR!!:classic:

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
chuckuindy said:
Recently, Berzin wrote in a post titled ?Quest For Love?, ?Pick up a girl, on the beach or at a bar. Check her out. She is looking INCREDIBLY bored. So are her friends. But you make eye contact and a smile snakes across your face and hers too. You of course don't know this but this is her job-sitting around waiting for some fool to take her out.?

He went on to write, ?You notice that she still has that bored, glazed look in her eye. No, you're just another stupid gringo to her. But you don't care because she's driving you wild-beautiful face with a body to match, the thoughts of an incredible evening overcoming your better judgment.?

During my 3 weeks in the DR I met around 25 different women and engaged in conversation with all of them. They ranged in age from 17 to 28 years old. As I had my female translator with me, if I got stuck in what I wanted to say, Fran would step in so there was little doubt about what I wanted to convey. I would explain that I have been to the Dominican Republic many times and know most of the country quite well. Explaining that I had just finished my relationship with my novia of two years, I would go on to explain that I was searching for a new girlfriend interested in a long term relationship. I would tell them what they could expect from me, as far as loyalty, financial responsibility, and educational assistance were concerned. I also would explain what I expected of them in return.

Chuckuindy

If you watch this movie "Set it off" with Jada Pinkett (Smith), Queen Latifa and other two girls. Pay attention to the first 45 minutes where Jada (Stony) had to sell her body to a (viejo depravado) so she can send her little brother to college. You will notice that she is wearing that glazed look and why. Lo que contruyas con sus manos no lo debarate con los pies. What ever you build (create or construct) with your hands don't destroy it with your feet.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Good advice

Stodgord said:
Lo que contruyas con sus manos no lo debarate con los pies. What ever you build (create or construct) with your hands don't destroy it with your feet.

Very good advise, thank you.

Chuckuindy

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Lo que contruyas con sus manos no lo debarate con los pies. What ever you build (create or construct) with your hands don't destroy it with your feet.[/QUOTE]

What exactly does this mean?

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Good v Bad

Berzin said:
Lo que contruyas con sus manos no lo debarate con los pies. What ever you build (create or construct) with your hands don't destroy it with your feet.

What exactly does this mean?[/QUOTE]

This is how I took it.

Do not let the things people perceive you as doing good in life, become undone by the things people perceive you do that are bad.

Good advise to follow, however, we can never do enough good and bad is just an opinion, or a matter of God or man made laws.

Chuckuindy