hotel in samana

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
I am going to Samana in december for a few days and am trying to find an inexpensive hotel. someone recommended "Casa de Hespuedes" but wasn't sure on spelling. it's off the main road. anyone have any information on this hotel or any other recommendations?
Thanks,
Keri

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Lilian & I have stayed there. I concur with Andy. Basic, inexpensive & lean. Try for one of the rooms with a balcony, fine view. Stan.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
strawberrru said:
I am going to Samana in december for a few days and am trying to find an inexpensive hotel. someone recommended "Casa de Hespuedes" but wasn't sure on spelling. it's off the main road. anyone have any information on this hotel or any other recommendations?
Thanks,
Keri

"Casa de Hespuedes"=Guest House

Complete list of Guest Houses and Hotels in Santa Barbara de Saman?, address and phone number on www.samana.net on this page:http://www.samana.net/accommodations_samana-en.html

Further from the main road(Malecon) are Casa de Huespedes Cristal and Casa de Huespedes Tony

WebDev

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
When staying at one of these places, please mention to the owners you read about it on dr1. The advertisers help us keep improving this service.

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
Is the Hotel Tropical Lodge and Hotel Bahia View hotels where I can just show up the night I need the hotel and get in? or do I need reservations? Thanks a lot for all your help! Also, will I be able to see whales and dolphins in December or am I too early?
-Keri

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
If you're going before Christmas you probably won't need reservations. However, from Christmas on I would suggest them. The whales usually don't arrive much before the end of January, sometimes as early as the 15th.

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
Thanks a lot Andy. I am very excited even though I will only be in Samana for 2-3 days. Anything that is a must see?
-Keri

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Some of the hotels suggested by Dolores are in Las Galeras, not Santa Barbara de Samana . That said, I love Las Galeras, it's about 30 minute Guagua ride away & well worth a visit. Stan

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Keri,
You can go to the Attractions section of www.SamanaOnline.com and get an idea of what the peninsula has to offer. Most all of the peninsula is within 45 minutes of the city of Samana. Just remember, the city has no nearby beach other than a boat trip out to Cayo Levantado ("Bacardi Island" - big tourist trap). Beaches are located in Las Galeras (best with Playa Rincon and Playa Fronton) and Las Terrenas.

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
strawberrru said:
Is the Hotel Tropical Lodge and Hotel Bahia View hotels where I can just show up the night I need the hotel and get in? or do I need reservations? -Keri

We didn't have a reservation when we stayed at Tropical Lodge, we just went in to see if they had any rooms available and they had. This was in September, when it is low season. If you go there when it is high season it might be better to have a reservation.

Gertje

Jan 2, 2005
Hotel King

from the "Casa de Hespuedes" in Samana, I can recommand Hotel KING (don't let the name mislead you, it's not an hotel). It's situated in the center of town, after the two churches (catholic and protestant) and before the chinese restaurant. Rooms are cleaned every day, ceiling fan, shower, two beds (2+1 persons), coffee in the morning, 24hrs security, beautiful view on Samana harbour from the balcony. Last april they charged 500 RD$ per night.