Simeus - Haiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
drtampa said:
Is "Dumas" Simeus the last best hope for a peaceful west side of Hispinola?

He would make a great overseer for the US for that plantation you call "West side of Hispaniola"...

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
The Exclusion Act Is A Constitutional Vestige, Similar To The Human "appendix". In Other Words, It Had Worked In The Past, But Now Has Become A Deterrent To Socio-economic Development. The Analogy Is That Appendix Was Critical To The Digestion Of Cellulose, But Since We No Longer Capable Of Using This Vestigial Organ, It Has Become A Major Source Of Intestinal Infection. Similarly, "the Exclusion Act" In The Haitian Constitution Had Effectively Protected The Young Nation From Outside Forces Such As Spies But Has Now Become The Means By Which The Misfit Political Class Is Preserving Its Incompetence, Thereby Preventing The Nation From Moving Foward. Isn'it An Anomaly That The Country With The Highest Number Of Artists( Painters And Drawing Artists) Per Capita( Source, Unesco) Has Failed To Use This Creativity To Move Forward? It Is, And "the Exclusion Act" Is At The Center Of This Anomaly.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Is Dumarsais the last best hope for Haiti..hmmmm.. I dont think so...But as of right now, he sure is best the candidate...the man comes from humble beginnings and climbed up the ladder in corporate America(USA). He has alot of resources and honestly think he wants to do good for the majority which are poor...Most important he is filthy rich and doesn't need to steal too much from the people...

If he can build a larger middle class in Haiti then this well eventually allow Haiti to improve...and of course decentralise the educational system..and have all the campesinos/paysans return to their native province and rebuild the roads while going back home...Haiti well prosper....and the poor children will have a future...set up Textile factories along the border and have the illegal haitians residing in DR an incentive to come back to Haiti and also give dominicans closer to the border region a job as well...

Make sure to raise the confidence of the haitians abroad and foreignors to come back to invest and make the streets safe....Then promote tourism.....and give DR a run for her money..

Regarding him lying and fraud is simply the last trick up those current poli-ti-chiens last hope from keeping this business savy Haitian man that should be a role model for Haitians and all immigrants who come to the United States to achieve the American Dream and most important want to go back to their respective country and help the needy..

This is why haiti needs to push for Dual-Citizenship right now..Besides, most of the candidates are holding foreign passports themselves..The phat prime minister (The turtle)himself is an american citizens..So, why are they going after this one particular man when others are in the same predicament.. This is where I commend the dominican government and allowing the dominicans in the diaspora to have a voice on what goes on in the DR...Will corruption always prevail...we all know the answer to that question..but at least it would give those haitian men & women in the diaspora(those that are qualified) to have a chance to participate in the future of Haiti..

In order for haiti to overcome her troubles the people have to believe first that they can have faith in their government to provide the basics..Anyway, he will bring change in Haiti but the opposing parties have to end their corrupted politics..and the current businessmen in haiti will have to pay taxes and abide by the law a little bit more

Mirador:He would make a great overseer for the US for that plantation you call "West side of Hispaniola"...

What do you think Leonel is????.......

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Quisqueya's Wishfull Thinking

a.k.a. Haiti's Next Two Millennia Plan

...yeah, that's how long its going to take.
Quisqueya said:
If he can build a larger middle class in then this well eventually allow Haiti to improve...and of course decentralise the educational system..and have all the campesinos/paysans return to their native province and rebuild the roads while going back home...Haiti well prosper....and the poor children will have a future...set up Textile factories along the border and have the illegal haitians residing in DR an incentive to come back to Haiti and also give dominicans closer to the border region a job as well...

Make sure to raise the confidence of haitians and foreignors to come back and make the streets safe....Then promote tourism.....and give DR a run for her money..
...and than Dominicans will be flocking into Mon Haiti cherie in the millions...and live in barrios listening to their dirty bachata and merengue.....and they will be begging to become Hatian citizen, but mon Ayti will never change her constitution...and...

DR's tourism industry has and infinate amount of more important things to worry about than loosing its competiveness to Haiti's.... Though I would grant you Haiti is better known around le monde entier.

Last edited:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Aegap,

I am not talking about DR losing to Haitian tourism..I'm talking about having both prosper due to competition..The AI can have a 1 package for 2 locations...several days enjoying the DR and several days enjoying Haiti..I do it all the time once I get tired of DR I'll go to Haiti.....At one time Haiti's tourism was booming....Gringos were everywhere...enjoying themselves enjoying paradise..

Well, at one time when the haitian gourde was stronger than the DR peso and haiti's economy was better than the DR alot of dominicans moved to haiti or used to drive to haiti to purchase goods and sell them in the DR....Even today if you go into the cafes most of the women of the night are dominicans...

Besides, I hope that both countries can prosper simultaneously which never happened b4..Lets just hope that Dumarsais becomes the next president of haiti..I think he is the best candidates..the others are wolves in sheep clothing..hey, some dont even pretend to be sheeps in the first place... En tout cas...na wè=we will see...

Will he play by the overseers rules..sure..but hey..if it means a better Haiti and safe for ALL(gringos,haitians, dominicans, europeans)...I am all for it...as long as he gives the mass a chance like the the one USA gave him then he'll be al right..again building a larger middle class in haiti should be his main priority and education education education.....that can help the country grow...besides, most these poor haitains would rather starve in order to put their kids through school...they know the value of an education and would get one themselves if they didn't have to provide the basics for their family....

During Aristides rise and the beginning of his first term I thought hey this priest very educated will do for the mass..but he eventually let the rotten apples ruin him and could not battle the old old money haitian elites..his first term he thought speaking againt the old money was the solutions...second term..will he fell in love with a middle class haitian grimelle and lost all his ideas..Although, during Aristide time many haitians got an education and the literacy rate went up..too bad he didn't play his politics correctly..and had that deep down anomosity towards well off haitians..and that talk about reparations sealed his fate..

On the other hand...Dumarsais might be the "Golden Child" ...1..he already has his trophy(gringa) and 2. the guy is rich...3.he can open many businesses in Haiti..4..the poor mass can't feel threaten Dumarsais is from the mass..

Well, its win win situation...his only problem will be..let me keep that to myself..vamos a ver..

Oh, the haitian consitution needs to be drafted again...and allow dual citizenship for haitians living abroad...think about if the diaspora didn't send money home to their families for the basics..haiti would be in a far worse condition..

Last edited:

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
not much of good news!

when an inadequate and irresponsible government is receiving 14 millions dollars in a loan package, it literally means that the generations of tomorrow will most certainly carry the heavy burden of "compounded interests". if the money will not go into a self-recycling industry, such as local construction firms for the buiding of roads or the improvement of infratructures, then what has come in will go right back out. in other words, this loan package may be more of a problem than a solution, if viewed integrally.

Status
Not open for further replies.