Presidente Beer in Michigan

Lala20

Oct 20, 2005
Hello, I am new to the forums and I don't know my way around the forum. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some Presidente beer in Michigan. I live in Lansing and I have been unable to locate any around here. Thank You, Lala

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Lala20 said:
Hello, I am new to the forums and I don't know my way around the forum. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some Presidente beer in Michigan. I live in Lansing and I have been unable to locate any around here. Thank You, Lala

I live in the Detroit area and haven't been able to find Presidente anywhere in Michigan. I know they sell Presidente in Chicago.

Mike

Jun 5, 2004
Well something real easy you can do is come to Washington Heights get 10 boxes and go back to Michigan. I hope it will last you for a time.

MICHIGANMICHAEL

Dec 22, 2003
Mmmmm Good

I have only been bringing back from my place in Naples. But I have a local shop here in Rochester that is going to bring it in for me. PM me with a number, and when it comes in, I'll let you know. I travel to Lansing alot, there is probably a way for us to meet

MM

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
rellosk said:
They only deliver to Southern Florida. Michigan is one of the many states that do not allow inter-state shipment of alcoholic beverages.
These laws, for the mostpart were struck down by the Supreme Court in May 2005. This ruling was specifically for wine in New York and Michigan but most feel it applies to interstate sale of all alcoholic beverages. Michigan has repealed its current law.
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/051705/loc_20050517004.shtml

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MICHIGANMICHAEL said:
...But I have a local shop here in Rochester that is going to bring it in for me.
Good idea. Lala20 may be able arrange the same with a liquor store in Lansing.

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
There is a small town called Goshen in Indiana that has a liquor shop that sales Presidente. It is about 10 miles from the MI border (it's south east of south bend, in). On a map, look for Elkhart and you should be able to see the town. it's a small town but probably about 2 1/2 hours from lansing...depends on how desperate you are! ;)

Ieesha

Oct 27, 2005
Sorry Lala

Hi, Lala. I'm originally from Detroit and grew up in Lansing. I had never heard of Presidente until I went to the DR just last January....sorry. Lansing is not the place to look for exotics. Maybe someplace in East Lansing because of the cultural diversity of Michigan State, but I doubt it. I hate to say this, but you may need to aquire a taste for Bud and Bud Light.

Lala20

Oct 20, 2005
MichiganMichael that sounds like a good idea. If they get it in the next couple of weeks that would be great. I am moving back to the Dominican in December though. I was just trying to find it now. PM me if they get it in before then and we will work something out.

Strawberrru: Do you know the name and phone of the place in Indiana? I know someone that may be able to swing by there in a week or two and bring it up to me.

Thank you everyone, Lala

urbanus

Apr 17, 2002
Presidente beer in Michigan, USA

If you ever go to Boston, Massachusetts, USA, you will also find this beer there.

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Hello, I have a lot of co-workers in west Michigan that would love to be able to get there hands on some Presidente and Presidente light. I am glad to see that Michigan reapealed its current law. I may have to stop in to Goshen Indiana next time I am that way.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
In 1996 I was on Miami Beach. I spotted a fellow drinking Presidente at a small cafe on Collins Ave. I sat down and ordered one. The guy was a Captain in the Dominican Airforce. He said it isn't Presidente and I agreed. There is something about exported beers. If you want Presidente go to RD otherwise.....

DS

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
dropshort, it is in fact the same Presidente, the only difference is that they doesn't cool it as it should, (very near to 0 degrees celsius), there's even a thread talking about it in the Living forum I think...