Best country to emigrate to?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Hey there, I am living here in the DR now and have a friend here that would like to be able to travel outside of the country. He has many friends in other countries that may be able to give him work-me included. I lived in Canada but am wondering if there are any other countries that may be easier to get into-any thoughts?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Is your friend Dominican? If so you can count on one hand places he can visit and part of a hand where he could emigrate to.

L

LarrySpencer

jrf said:
Hey there, I am living here in the DR now and have a friend here that would like to be able to travel outside of the country. He has many friends in other countries that may be able to give him work-me included. I lived in Canada but am wondering if there are any other countries that may be easier to get into-any thoughts?

Well, you could always get him to hang around the resorts and wait for some pretty little tourist from the U.S., marry her, and have her start filing paperwork! That seemed to be a pretty common theme on some of the threads...:devious:

L

LarrySpencer

Costa Rica may be fairly easy. What kind of skills does your friend have? Another option, which a friend of mine used, of course he did study in the US and obtained his degrees there on a J-1, is for him to apply with American companies. Should they agree to hire him, they can aid him in applying for a work visa.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Stay in the DR ! I live in Belgium (not for long i hope) and all the Dominicans i know want, or even are planning, to return to the DR THe only thing that is holding them back is that they want to come with glory and they haven't the nessecary funds to do so

Greetings

Johan

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
He speaks five languages, is intelligent, no-does not want to marry a tourist, has great skills dealing with the public-no formal education, does want to return to the DR-has family here, a bank account, looks after a small business here-and yes, I a company to sponsor him is what I am getting at-probably the best option.

I understand how hard it is to leave the DR for a Dominicano-my question is are there other countries-such as the UK or the US or Canada that are easier to gain entrance.

And thanks to those knuckle heads that took the time to write something stupid.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
jrf said:
I understand how hard it is to leave the DR for a Dominicano-my question is are there other countries-such as the UK or the US or Canada that are easier to gain entrance.
It's not hard to leave the DR- he's not being held here like the Cubans are being held in Cuba. His problem is that nobody wants him, especially the UK, US or Canada.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
The countries you list are probably the most difficult to access, especially for a non-professional with no formal education ( and I dont mean this an offensive way). When looking at prospective immigrants, a country is looking for what this person has to offer and what skills he/she brings with her.
If this is the short list of countries your friend is interested in, I have to agree with the marry-for-papers option (the path of least resistance and well travelled by many in the DR!).

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Thanks

Thank you for the replies-kind of thought that was the answer-the marrying one. Be well.

DianaC

Jan 8, 2005
He could do something to improve his situation

jrf said:
Thank you for the replies-kind of thought that was the answer-the marrying one. Be well.

Or... he could do something to improve his situation... like getting a formal education. If he has enough money to entertain the idea of emigrating and setting himself up in another country without marrying to do it... he likely has enough money to improve his level of education. I think that setting oneself up in a new country (legitimately and without marrying to do it) costs more than a university degree would in most third world countries.