What is the Current Departure Tax?

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
hkmmm said:
Can some tell me what is the current departure tax, and if there is still a difference between the tax paid by Dominican born and foreigners?

Appreciate your help!
Sincerely,
hkmmm

departing from DR to where? it should be already included in ticket fare.
Most (or all) airlines already include international departure taxes in their fare.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
hkmmm said:
Can some tell me what is the current departure tax, and if there is still a difference between the tax paid by Dominican born and foreigners?

Appreciate your help!
Sincerely,
hkmmm
The current departure tax is US $20. It is included in most scheduled airlines tickets already. Most charter flights it is not. I believe it is the same for all nationalities, including Dominicans.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
HOWMAR said:
The current departure tax is US $20. It is included in most scheduled airlines tickets already. Most charter flights it is not. I believe it is the same for all nationalities, including Dominicans.
At one time Dominicans paid the same amount (not the equivalent) in pesos. I think when the tax was $10US, Dominicans paid $10RD.

hkmmm

Oct 22, 2005
Tuen Mun, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Dear Howmar & Rellosk,
Many thanks for bringing me up to speed on the departure tax. Since I am living all the way in Asia I needed to make sure there was no mistake in the amount which I was charged for.

Sincerely,
hkmmm

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
hkmmm said:
Dear Howmar & Rellosk,
Many thanks for bringing me up to speed on the departure tax. Since I am living all the way in Asia I needed to make sure there was no mistake in the amount which I was charged for.
Since you are coming from Asia, I'm guessing you might be staying more than 15 days. For the first 14 days, they charge ever non-Dominican $10US for a tourist card. If you stay longer than that, they may hit you an additional charge. See "Impuestos por estad?a, Espedici?n Residencia" (page 4) on the following link:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
hkmmm said:

Appreciate your help!
Sincerely,
hkmmm
The departure tax is US$20.00 whether you are Dominican or a foreigner no matter how long you stay. 1 day or 10 years.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
How can you prove the tax is paid... !

I got a AA ticket and I am guessing the departure tax is paid (well that is what it said when I bought it online). But I don't have an actual ticket (it is an e-ticket) so is it going to be a discussion at exit with the guys about if the tax is paid or not ! I wonder if they try it on (well for sure) and how can I prove it is paid. (I think on normal tickets they break it down on the last page how much tax is paid and so on).

Has anyone departed recently with an AA e-ticket (not part of package holidays) and what was the story...

Thanks,

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Uzin said:
I got a AA ticket and I am guessing the departure tax is paid (well that is what it said when I bought it online). But I don't have an actual ticket (it is an e-ticket) so is it going to be a discussion at exit with the guys about if the tax is paid or not ! I wonder if they try it on (well for sure) and how can I prove it is paid. (I think on normal tickets they break it down on the last page how much tax is paid and so on).

Has anyone departed recently with an AA e-ticket (not part of package holidays) and what was the story...

Thanks,
I doubt if it will be a problem.

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
I fly AA down 3 or 4 times a year always on an e-ticket, and its never been a problem. They always check the boarding pass and wave you on in. Of course, you might want to keep a $20 tucked away in your wallet just in case!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
No problem with the departure tax, it was paid on my AA e-ticket and they never mentioned it.

Although I had to pay 300 pesos for staying over 15 days (up to 90 days is the same price). Haggling on this did not work ! They were quite strict about this one.