Good & Inexpensive Spanish Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildnfree

Jun 14, 2005
Hola a todos;

I'm serious about learning fluent Spanish and was wondering if anyone could recommend any universities/schools where I can learn, maybe live with a local family and NOT pay a fortune?

I was planning to go to Spain to learn. My current teacher is from Spain, and in the 6 months I've learnt Spanish he proudly tells me that I have a strong Peninsular accent (Im pretty thrilled about having a native accent!) so he suggested going to Spain would be the best thing. I agreed, until I saw the price list -12,000 Euros a year with board! Way too costly. At any rate, I really like the intonation of Latin Spanish and be happy to pick it up.
Can anyone tell me if the distinct Dominican accent is hard to pick up? Can I be understood perfectly with European Spanish?

Muchas Gracias
Wildnfree

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are programs here at several centers around the country but if you can't afford €12,000 for a year, I don't think you can do too much better here.

What your teacher means is that you lisp :p:p

Go to Berlitz and do one of their Total Immersion courses, and then see if you want to try living in a Third World country.

HB :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.