Please Help-How can a Dominican Citizen Apply for a Passport

Nicaury31884

Aug 18, 2005
She does not have a passport, so I was wondering if anyone knows what she has to do or where she has to go to get a Dominican Passport? How much does it cost? She lives in Higuey, can she get a passport there? How long does it take for her to get one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Last edited:

kzach

May 31, 2005
just **** her brains out on vacation and get areal life now your back in the us

kzach

May 31, 2005
just **** her brains out when your on vacation and get a real life now your in the us:bandit:

Nicaury31884

Aug 18, 2005
Passport office-Higuey

Thank you Rellosk for the link you sent me about Dominican Passports. I was wondering if anyone knew where there is a Passport Office in Higuey.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Nicaury31884 said:
I am starting to get the paperwork ready so that my fiancee can come to the USA and marry me. I am going to file the I-129F Petition for Fiance(e) in January, and I just want to get all our documents in order before my Fiancee's appointment for her K-1 visa, which probably won't happen till June or July 2006. She does not have a passport, so I was wondering if anyone knows what she has to do or where she has to go to get a Dominican Passport? How much does it cost? She lives in Higuey, can she get a passport there? How long does it take for her to get one?

Please help as I deeply love her and I want her to come to the USA, so that I may marry her. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I know there is one in San Pedro de Macoris, right at the intersection of Carretera de Hato Mayor and Carretera de San Pedro to La Romana.
If you want a Passport the same day you have to pay extra, the service is call Pasaporte VIP.

One thing that I find odd, and that is that your girlfriend does not seem to know anything about passport and where to get it. I am pretty sure if she ask someone in her town, she will find the answer instead of having you doing the leg work from the US. It looks that the only one who is interested in her coming to the US is you and not her.

Last edited:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Stodgord said:
It looks that the only one who is interested in her coming to the US is you and not her.
Oh yeah she's interested;)
My question is who's paying for the Passport??

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Have her call this number and ask for the nearest office to her.

Direcci?n General de Pasaportes
Av. 30 de Mayo esq. H?roes de Luper?n
Santo Domingo, Rep?blica Dominicana
Tel.: (809) 532-7373

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
kzach said:
just **** her brains out when your on vacation and get a real life now your in the us:bandit:

"You're" and "US".

NB: Once was unfunny enough.

To the OP: From introduction to proposal, how long, days, weeks, months? What is her occupation? How many kids?

Nicaury31884

Aug 18, 2005
ricktoronto said:
"You're" and "US".

NB: Once was unfunny enough.

To the OP: From introduction to proposal, how long, days, weeks, months? What is her occupation? How many kids?

I've known her for two years now. Currently she is unemployed and she does not have any kids. She use to work in some theme park....I think it was in either Bavaro or Punta Cana.

She is a sweet heart. I'm hoping to get all the paperwork ready before I file the petition (I-129F) in January. Ricktoronto, if you have any advice, I am all ears (or eyes in this case).

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Nicaury31884 said:
I've known her for two years now. Currently she is unemployed and she does not have any kids. She is a sweet heart. I'm hoping to get all the paperwork ready before I file the petition (I-129F) in January.
No Kids!!
You've struck Gold my friend, bring her over:laugh:
On a previous thread someone posted info on a group of people going through and have been through your visa process.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K-1vis...yguid=75856850

Nicaury31884

Aug 18, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
No Kids!!
You've struck Gold my friend, bring her over:laugh:
On a previous thread someone posted info on a group of people going through and have been through your visa process.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K-1vis...yguid=75856850

LOL, you're not the first person who has told me that. Thanks for the link, I actually already setup an account with the group a couple of days ago.

I'm trying to get as much information I can, so that I don't need to hire a lawyer to help with the process. The visa process is expensive enough already. Add a lawyer to the mix and the total cost could run up to $2500.00USD.

To be honest though, what is going to be hard is the waiting period. If we are lucky, it will take us 6 to 8 months to get a visa approved for her. If I could find a job in DR, I would relocate there. I love DR, I would love to live there, but good employment opportunities are almost nonexistent.

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
Renew Dominican Passport

Does anyone know if you can have your Dominican passport renewed before the expiry date, actually replaced. Reason: name change. Do you know how long this will take and what is the cost.

I presume from reading this post that this could be done in San Pedro de Macoris.

Thanks for your help,

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Nicaury31884 said:
LOL, you're not the first person who has told me that. Thanks for the link, I actually already setup an account with the group a couple of days ago.

I'm trying to get as much information I can, so that I don't need to hire a lawyer to help with the process. The visa process is expensive enough already. Add a lawyer to the mix and the total cost could run up to $2500.00USD.

To be honest though, what is going to be hard is the waiting period. If we are lucky, it will take us 6 to 8 months to get a visa approved for her. If I could find a job in DR, I would relocate there. I love DR, I would love to live there, but good employment opportunities are almost nonexistent.

if you can follow directions well then you don't need a lawyer for the
fiance application. all you need is to read it carefully and send all the required info to the center that your state is required to.

fiance visas take longer than expected mostly b/c things are missing or application was not filled out properly.