Buses to Jarabacoa and Las Galeras

dan333

Oct 25, 2005
Me and my friend, are going to the R.D. this winter, in January. My dominican friend may be able to give us a ride but if it;s simple I;d rather catch a bus. What buses that are comfortable/cheap go from Santiago Airport to Jarabacoa. Also, we will go to Las Galeras, on the Samana peninsula afterwards. Are there any buses to Las Galeras from Jarabacoa or surrounding area? And, most importantly, how much time/what buses should we allow/take to get from Las Galeras to Santiago Airport.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is a private bus that leaves Samana about 7 am for Santiago and gets there before noon. You would need transportation from Las Galeras to Samana, then from the stopping point of the bus in Santiago to the airport.

When you get to Samana, inquire as to the schedule of the bus or buses to Santiago. I know there is at least the one and may be another. These are privately owned buses, not Caribe Tours or Metro.

TimH

Aug 4, 2004
www.guesthouse-jarabacoa.com
I would definetely recommend you to take a taxi from the Santiago-Cibao-airport. You don't want to take a "guagua"/public tansport once you get to the highway with all your luggage. This and that you would have to find your way around inside of La Vega to the small bus-stop where the "guaguas" leave to Jarabacoa. A taxi-fare should be around 1000 Pesos.

If you don't want to take the bus straight from Santo Domingo to Samana but directly from Jarabacoa the stops are the following: Jarabacoa-La Vega (here you have to take a small car that will allow four passengers in the back and three in the front) -San Francisco de Macoris (Caribe-Tours-bus)-Santa Barbara de Samana-from here you have the choice between Taxi, moto-concho. some kind of tuk-tuk and guagua.