DR1's 2005 "Best of" List

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
If you were following this thread:http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44350, you would've read that we are trying to compile a "Best of" list for DR1. Here are some ideas for categories so far:

Best Thread by Someone Sankified
Best Advice on How to Deal With Sankies
Most Useful Thread for Moving to the DR
Most Useful Thread for Marriage and Visa
Strangest Thread that has DR content
Poster of the Year
The best "make fun of a newby post"
Best Trip Report
"Ugly American" Award (insert any nationality, the bitchiest travel report that is unfounded)
Best Photo Gallery Photo
best quote
funniest DR story
stupidest thing anyone has written in 2005
most helpful poster
Best post?
Poster you would most like to meet?
Longest post?
Funniest post?
Bitchiest post? (my idea that I threw in at the last minute)

We could make 20 or 25 categories out of this. Anyone have any more ideas for categories? You can either PM me or post here. The next step will be getting nominations together for these categories. Again, either post here or PM me with your favorites.

Thanks all!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I vote for the following topics:

1) best post
2) funniest post
3) most helpful poster
4) poster you would most like to meet
5) stupidest sankie victum
6) best media gallery pic
7) best trip report

Larry

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
My vote for categories, short list! (DR1 in Sevens)

1. Poster of the Year
2. Best Trip Report
3. Best Photo Gallery Photo
4. Poster you would most like to meet
5. Best Sanky post (advice or tale of woe)
6. Strangest thread that has DR content
7. Most helpful post for living and working in the DR

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Larry said:
I vote for the following topics:

1) best post
2) funniest post
3) most helpful poster
4) poster you would most like to meet
5) stupidest sankie victum
6) best media gallery pic
7) best trip report

Larry

We are so much alike ;) . You picked the same ones I would've, but I would add Poster of the Year.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
MaineGirl said:
My vote for categories, short list! (DR1 in Sevens)

1. Poster of the Year
2. Best Trip Report
3. Best Photo Gallery Photo
4. Poster you would most like to meet
5. Best Advice on How to Deal With Sankies
6. Strangest thread that has DR content
7. Most helpful post for living and working in the DR

I love the DR1 in sevens idea, MG! Keep the lists coming. I will compile a list of 7 of the most popular categories, and from there, we'll start compiling nominations.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
How about...
The poster who complains the most about his experiences and living conditions in the DR, yet wouldn't want to live anywhere else?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Chris said:
Seven is great! What are we going to do for the posters that win?

How about put a little trophy icon next to their name and a description of the award they won under it. Leave it there for the year.

Larry

Sep 19, 2005
How about the poster whos posts the most negative comments per thread...I bet there are a few running over 60%.... and they JUST LOVE telling everyone they are dating a shankie-ette....they probably still tell it to the ones that have been married for years already!........bob

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So how will this work after you make the list? Do we search for threads and post the links in order to nominate them?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
To answer your question, Anna, yes, that is what I envision happening. I already have a couple of ideas for posts/posters to nominate. We can create individual polls for each topic, and vote on the chosen nominations.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Wanting to add a new category... (Ok, Trina, don't kill me..).. but "the Most Valuable Post".. and if y'all accept this category, I want to nominate AdrianB with the daily exchange rate post. I know Adrian has not been posting frequently but I do know he reads... Anyways.. for what it is worth...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Chris said:
Wanting to add a new category... (Ok, Trina, don't kill me..).. but "the Most Valuable Post".. and if y'all accept this category, I want to nominate AdrianB with the daily exchange rate post. I know Adrian has not been posting frequently but I do know he reads... Anyways.. for what it is worth...

Good idea, Chris. Today, I will make a new post in the Open Forum, which will be a call for nominations and category list.