paradisus punta cana

duffs

Oct 25, 2005
My wife and I are going to DR for the first time on Dec. 10th and we will be staying at the Paradisus Punta Cana. Does anyone have any info (good or bad) about the hotel and activities in the area. From what I have read it doesn't look like there is much sightseeing in that area, any suggestions? I would also like to go fishing, but I have not read to many good things about fishing in the DR any info. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nicaury31884

Aug 18, 2005
duffs said:
My wife and I are going to DR for the first time on Dec. 10th and we will be staying at the Paradisus Punta Cana. Does anyone have any info (good or bad) about the hotel and activities in the area. From what I have read it doesn't look like there is much sightseeing in that area, any suggestions? I would also like to go fishing, but I have not read to many good things about fishing in the DR any info. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you are renting a car, you might want to check out the La Altagracia church in Higuey. It is a great landmark. The church can be seen on the RD$50 peso. It's about 45 minutes away from Punta Cana.

I do not know much about fishing in DR, but if you are staying at a resort, they should have a bunch of activities avaliable for you and your wife to enjoy in and off the resort.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
duffs said:

Thanks

You can go horseback riding at PUNTACANA Resort & Club (sorry Robert, couldn't resist). PM me if you want more info.

island03

Jun 6, 2005
interesed in nightlife? shopping?

I stayed there in April and had a great time. Arieto is litterally right next door, and a really fun time. there are a ton of motoconchos right outside the resort as well, and they can take you further down the street to Mangu disco, but it is also within walking distance if you are up for it, probally about 1/2 mile or so. From the resort there are boats that will take you to a local artisan market that is around the point and you can find great deals there on paintings, etc. Once a week they have the artisans come to the resort, but I personally think you can find a better deal at the market. Another small piece of advice, if you want to eat at Romantico or the japanese resturant, make reservations the day you arrive. This is the resort my family visits almost every year, so if you have more questions, feel free to PM me.

keebs1123

Nov 1, 2005
best time ever

I just got back from the DR on 10/30/05. This was the best time I had in my life. The Paradisus is truly paradise. The resort is huge and we did not even see all of it in the week we were there. 10 restaurants to choose from - food pretty good (I was worried about this). The are tons of activities to keep you busy. Shopping right outside of the resort within walking distance- be prepared to barter with them. Disco Mangu within walking distance unless you go to the club at the resort which was fun also. Has a pool table in there and TVs. We watched the World Series there (GO SOX). Lots of activities at the beach and pool. Books, games, dancing lessions, kickboxing class, aerobics...you name it... Horseback riding - best to go in the AM as it is not too hot then. Great shows every night at 10:15 then the dancers all come out in the lobby by the bar and dance with the guests. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in bungalow 20 which was close to the pool, beach, and restaurants. Trams come along often to take you back and forth to lobby or beach. Beautiful landscaping all around. We are planning on going back again in March 2006 and staying there again. Just stay away from the Sol Melia Vacation Club people as they have a hard time taking NO for an answer - unless you want to buy into the Vacation Club. Do go on an excursion or two - the Outback Safari was great and educational. KonTiki party boat was a blast with snorkeling in beautiful waters. Again - everyone was wonderful and we cannot wait to go back. Cried all the way home :cry:
If you have any question, please e-mail me. Keebs1123@aol.com