Rubi 92.5 FM Live Stream

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In case you didn't know, Rubi 92.5 has been under new management for the past few months and they are doing a great job. The station is coming on leaps and bounds and really starting to take off here.

Rubi streams live via a DR1 server and you can listen to them online 24x7.

Select your audio player and click on a link to listen live!

Windows Player

Real Player

WinAmp

iTunes

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
They have internet connectivity in Woodstock, NY?

....and it works on iTunes from NYC.

Last edited:

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
just got back from watching the football in my beach house in cabarete (really - the helicopter is the only way to travel in the dr). and happened to stumble on this radio station using a regular 'tuner'.
a couple of brits were harping on about some film thing in cofresi, how they were going to read the news from an old daily telegraph and how wonderful the day was in the sosua-cabarete area (i am sure that is something that could be recorded once and then re-played daily).
it was really professional hospital radio stuff.......and i for one, wish we had some of it in the capital.

so come on, beavis and butt-head, or whatever your names are.....when are you going to be able to get some relay stuff going so we can get a badly needed english radio station blaring in the capital.

....by the way....a little less of the 10cc...."what we do for love" or whatever that soppy stuff is. we're a bit more 'with it' in the capital, so something that could be played by pete tong wouldn't go amiss.

whatever the plans.....i wish ruby 92.5 a long future.

boch.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Rubi relay

It is indeed a possiblity but Leonels' crew have a lid on any more FM stations in the capital. The only other way to pick up a relay (a la 91 in SD and Santiago) would be making a deal with an existing station in SD. So far none are visionary enough to see the potential.
In the meantime mas bachata, reggaeton y gasolina.
As Rubi matures it will increasingly become the "communications bridge" between the expats and tourists.
I applaud DR1 for embracing the electronic media outreach of Rubi FM to the mutual benefit for all.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
I've been advertising on Rubi for about 4 or 5 months now. Great crew and they are working very hard to be in more of the places where the tourists are.

Some of the tour operators call the station when the charter flights arrive, and the Station is able to welcome an entire bus full (captive audience) to the island 'personally'.

I've found their advertising to be well worth it. If anyone is debating it, give 'em a call. Have a sit down with Chip, Phil, or Max. Great guys, great team, great radio.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
TimInDR said:
I've been advertising on Rubi for about 4 or 5 months now. Great crew and they are working very hard to be in more of the places where the tourists are.

Some of the tour operators call the station when the charter flights arrive, and the Station is able to welcome an entire bus full (captive audience) to the island 'personally'.

I've found their advertising to be well worth it. If anyone is debating it, give 'em a call. Have a sit down with Chip, Phil, or Max. Great guys, great team, great radio.

I agree with you Tim.
Freestyle Catamarans play the station on the catamarans...and it is perfect!:classic:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What happened to RUBI 92.5's Internet Stream?
Did they stop broadcasting all together?

I enjoy listening to Mad Max, and met him last trip.