i think we may have it

denisendavid

Oct 25, 2005
hello all........after reading these forums inside and out, we think we may have as much info as needed.but who knows of more?? plan on these things already: jungle tour,quad biking,waterfall trip,visit Sosua, nightlife at hemingways,mangu,roadway sharkbar,and stall66. ocean world, cafe cito pub crawl,drink/buy siboney red lable rum............what have we missed???? please advise........and we also want to thank everyone for their replies, hospitality is greatly rewarded and remembered. we cant wait to visit!!!!!!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Don't forget the number 30 SPF, I would not want to hear you burned "The Girls"!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
denisendavid said:
Taco tuesdays???? thats a new one.where is it btw??
Toca Tuesdays is a weekly get together that occurs somewhere in the POP/Sosua/Cabaerte area. You can Read all about it here!

BTW, it seems like you've got a lot planed. How long are you planning on visiting the DR?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
You got it all covered! How great to read your posting...full of everything and most of all good spirit!!! Squeeze in a few beach hours as well!

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
geesh... i've been here for several months now and haven't even done all of that...

i'm jealous.

Here's some of my favorite details for some of the stuff you've listed:

Hemingway's: Santa Barbara Burger (mmm mmm Guacamole)

Mangu: The pizza right outside the door at 2:30am. Perfect. If you time it right, you can have pizza, beer, and a girl... mmmm trifecta.

Cafe Cito: Pork Chops. mmm mmm. (is this all about food?)

Sosua Nightlife: Swing by the Rubi 92.5 Studio and put in a request. Talk with the DJ on duty and find out where the hot spot of the night is. (Sometimes there are spontaneous parties formed just outside between there and the Checkpoint bar.)

definitely start your tuesday night at taco tuesday. seek and ye shall find...

-----

Escott, I need to sip your Siboney some time so I can scratch that one off the list. (No metaphor intended.)

tim

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
TimInDR said:
geesh... i've been here for several months now and haven't even done all of that...

i'm jealous.

Here's some of my favorite details for some of the stuff you've listed:

Hemingway's: Santa Barbara Burger (mmm mmm Guacamole)

Mangu: The pizza right outside the door at 2:30am. Perfect. If you time it right, you can have pizza, beer, and a girl... mmmm trifecta.

Cafe Cito: Pork Chops. mmm mmm. (is this all about food?)

Sosua Nightlife: Swing by the Rubi 92.5 Studio and put in a request. Talk with the DJ on duty and find out where the hot spot of the night is. (Sometimes there are spontaneous parties formed just outside between there and the Checkpoint bar.)

definitely start your tuesday night at taco tuesday. seek and ye shall find...

-----

Escott, I need to sip your Siboney some time so I can scratch that one off the list. (No metaphor intended.)

tim

Tim... It is clear you don?t cook!!
Do you have a stove in that luxury apartment of yours???
If not you will have to walk the 200 meters to me, and I will give you a Siboney to sip while making you some homecooked food.
Just make no habit of it!!!:classic:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
At supermarkets a package of local cigarettes (Lider, Nacional ) or Marlbouro, Camel etc 34-40 pesos.
Some discount for a box. A box of 10 packages or Lider for instance ( local, like Marlbouro light appr ) is 320 pesos.
1 US appr 32 pesos.
In Playa Dorada it is more expensive, don´t know the prices there.