Visa

penacolada

Oct 26, 2005
I have my husband in the DR, can anyone tell me how long the process of a K-3/K-4, spouse/child visa takes?

msjvaldez

Aug 1, 2007
I have my husband in the DR as well. We just received an appointment for an interview. We waited almost 2 years.

I'm not sure about for the children K4.

Just pray alot and be patient it will happen.

Everyone's luck is different. Hopefully you will get an appt sooner.

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
msjvaldez is correct. It is now taking almost 3 years to get your SO here, and they just took some staff from the Consulate to process passports so the wait is going to be even longer.

We do have some alternative ways to do this over at dominicanstotheusa.com

Stop over and ask your questions there also. We would be glad to answer you.

-Tim

GringaRubia

Sep 9, 2006
These alternative ways that you are proposing...are they just applicable to those not yet married ? If they are already married and do not want to divorce and marry somewhere else...what is the alternative ???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We are talking about US law in this thread.

The alternatives that Tim speaks of is getting married in Ecuador instead of the DR. Some have married there but apparently the immigration process hasn't been complete yet so they have no results if the process out of that country works any faster.

Check it out Dominicans to the USA

I do not understand your second question. If you are an American and married and you marry someone else I'm pretty certain that is called bigamy and is against the law. ;)

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
We are talking about US law in this thread.

The alternatives that Tim speaks of is getting married in Ecuador instead of the DR. Some have married there but apparently the immigration process hasn't been complete yet so they have no results if the process out of that country works any faster.

Check it out Dominicans to the USA

I do not understand your second question. If you are an American and married and you marry someone else I'm pretty certain that is called bigamy and is against the law. ;)

I will mention that we have discovered with the help of Chief Consul Bent that you can request to have your case transfered to another post. the receiving post does not have to take your case and at this point we have not yet found any Consulates that have said they would take a case. We are also looking at pursuing legal action as the government may not be following the law. It's just a real mess to get a US visa right now.

-Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

GringaRubia

Sep 9, 2006
Anna,
Thanks. I actually know of someone who got married outside of DR for the immigration purposes. The question I was asking was in refernce to one who is already married to a Dominican citizen, petitioning for that person...not someone married to one person, looking to marry someone else...I appreciate your trying to make sense of it all.

Last edited by a moderator: