It's Been Awhile But ...

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
I left the DR May 1, 2005 after 2 1/2 years :-( ... I returned August 11th thru the 14th ... so I thought I would share my misery :-(

First of all, I would like to say that I am 100% completely in love with the DR ... I have read some good and some bad experiences and have also spoken with people who have lived there longer than I and I will tell you this ... I never planned on leaving, I made so many good friends and had so many good experiences and with the good comes the bad, of course, but nothing to impair my thoughts on the DR.

In the 2 1/2 years that I lived there, I have been robbed on several occasions, put in jail, been in car accidents, been ripped off, but have not been SANKIED :-D but with that I met awesome people, went to awesome parties, enjoyed the beach, and the clubs. Once you experience the culture for longer than a week, you become attached to the way of life and the customs and well Domincan Life is an absolutely different way that takes getting used too ... but anyway back to my trip report.

I flew into Puerto Plata on Thursday night where my best friend who is from England but lives in La Union with her mother and sister met me at the airport. I took a moto from the airport to her house in La Union and I loved the quick ride, believe it or not I missed motos ... I even knew the moto who was there by name and paid 10 RD for the ride.

Got to her house and settled in ... ate some Dominican Food, Pollo, arroz, y habichuleas con ensalada .. which I had been waiting for ... then took a nap woke up and went to the club in Sosua. Came home early wasn't much going on but got to see some friends.

The next day headed to Sosua beach and to Charimico to see some old friends, had a great time .. then that night was the opening of the new disco .. club X ... I know some of the people affiliated with that so me and a bunch of friends headed out there ... were there all night long and had a great time. Woke up the next morning with a hang over from hell.

Saturday morning I took Caribe Tours to Santiago to see my sister and bro in law ... that night we went to a live Reggaeton Concert and had a blast! The Sunday afternoon ... I boarded my plane and cried the whole way back here!

Now I am here in the United States of America not knowing when I will return to the love of my life :-(

La Gata

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
La Gata said:
In the 2 1/2 years that I lived there, I have been robbed on several occasions, put in jail, been in car accidents, been ripped off, but have not been SANKIED :D ...

Now I am here in the United States of America not knowing when I will return to the love of my life :(
By love of your life, you do mean the DR, right?

BTW, is the correct term Sankied or Sankified?:p

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
By the love of my life, yes I do mean the DR ... Sankied, Sankified, either way .. never happened to me ... I am not stupid enuff to spend my hard earned $$$ on an american man, let alone one that preys on women for money!

I do have a fiance in the Dominican Republic ... but because of me being here ... hahaha ... I don't even take it seriously, lord knows how many beds he is in there! :-D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No you idjit, it means he is a Dominican male creature.

La Gata, is, I think, a Domininican???girl, or is rather loose whith her definitions of family. We'll see soon enough when she reads this...LOL :p

I am sorry that she had such bad experiences, but they do occur here.

Come on back for more visits Gatica..

HB :D:D

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Charlielyn said:
Are you saying then that he is a Sankie? quote " Lord knows how many beds he is in there"

a "sankie" sucks the life and money out of you he doesnt and hasnt and I wont let him do that to me!!!!

SORRY ....

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
La Gata said:
This guy that I knew robbed me and stole my check book, which was a closed account and cashed a lot of checks and the person he cashed it with came after me and got me arrested! I was found not guilty but spent 2 days in jail ... it was not even pretty ... but it happened ... oh well it was an experience and it is over now!
sorry you had that bad experience, but it shows as a reminder to other foreigners who are considering a move to the DR, to be extra careful, even though it is beautiful country, bad things can happen to you.