Sindico ?A BIG JOKE?

Porfirio

Aug 30, 2005
What exactly does The Sindico do. Johny Ventura was a decent singer, but was a failure as Sindico. The cleanest street in Santo Domingo was in front of Johny?s House. The new Sindico Roberto, should have stayed with his TV program, as he duplicates the ?NO WORK?with plenty of graft, and waste of our money as set by previous Sindicos?conduct. When visiting the Sindico?s Office anytime you will notice a large group of ?hangers on?standing around doing nothing, but are on the Sindicos ?dole?(payroll), which we pay for. Others are there for a Government Job, with minimal work, as the Sindico makes sure anyone working for Santo Dominco votes as ?told to vote?. Garbage is everywhere in the streets, Police only hand out tickets for not wearing a seat belt, or talking on a telephone. It?s OK to drive recklessly, weave in and out of traffic, drive on the wrong side of the street, speed, pass red lights, park on sidewalks forcing pedistrians to walk in the street, have races with other locos and be as rude as you can to other drivers. Roberto, our illustrious Sindico has insured his income $$ by placing his Son as host of his TV program, thereby illiminating another Dominican the opportunity to have the rich life Roberto & his Son refuse to relinquish. That is pure ?nepotisim?, and perpetuates ?business as usual?here in the DR. Keep the riff raff in their place is the motto of the Sindico. The Sindico?s ?job?is a joke, that costs us a fortune unfortunately, the JOKE IS ON US:

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I don't know what you are on about. Roberto is the best Sindico Santo Domingo has seen since I moved here in 1987. And he has nothing to do with traffic police. What he does with his business is not my concern.

But I agree with you that Johnny's administration was a fiasco.

radvolk

Jan 10, 2004
You are right until proven otherwise

I agree with you. To be "considered" a good sindico, you really have to deal with just a few things.
  1. Pick Up Residential Trash
  2. Pick Up Business Trash
  3. Make sure the streets are clean
  4. Make sure there is a garbage can so the streets can be clean
  5. Keep the streets free of pot holes (fix the darn streets)

If you can't do any of these things as a Sindico, you are pocketing the money. Really what a Sindico should do is what a Mayor does here in the United States. In the case of the Dominican Republic, a lot of the responsibilities of the Mayor end up on the president's lap. Maybe that's why the country is screwed up!

We expect the president to do everything and the rest of the members of government just warm up a chair or just pick up the trash. Johnny Ventura was a horrible Sindico. I liked him better as a merenguero, now I just don't like him at all. I can't believe he is in the same party as Hipolito.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Porfirio, maybe you live in a different part of Santo Domingo. As far as I am concerned, Roberto is one of the few sindicos doing ANYTHING. The garbage is picked up, the Ayuntamiento crews in their yellow uniforms are out sweeping streets 7 days a week, and holes in the street get patched up relatively quickly. Even though I hate it, he started activities along the Malecon on Sundays. The parks and vacant lots get cleaned up too.

Don't believe me? Go east of the river and see who is the vago. The sindico of Santo Domingo East must steal all of the money, because it is covered with garbage, the streets are pocked with craters, and you never see anyone cleaning the streets on their side of the river, even though they receive more funds than central Santo Domingo does due to a higher population.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
GringoCArlos said:
Porfirio, maybe you live in a different part of Santo Domingo. As far as I am concerned, Roberto is one of the few sindicos doing ANYTHING. The garbage is picked up, the Ayuntamiento crews in their yellow uniforms are out sweeping streets 7 days a week, and holes in the street get patched up relatively quickly. Even though I hate it, he started activities along the Malecon on Sundays. The parks and vacant lots get cleaned up too.

Don't believe me? Go east of the river and see who is the vago. The sindico of Santo Domingo East must steal all of the money, because it is covered with garbage, the streets are pocked with craters, and you never see anyone cleaning the streets on their side of the river, even though they receive more funds than central Santo Domingo does due to a higher population.
He is a PRD!

That explains everything....

If you want more proof, simply look at all the other threads this guy has started. All are negative towards the authorities. Now, I understand some are right on the mark, but not most of his posts!

People, beware of PRD "extremist" who can't stand the fact that the economy is turning around, the city is actually getting the much needed attention, and the sort under PLD rule! The truth hurts, but some folks like taking aspirin to soothe their pain. What brand is the aspirin?

The Let's bash the current administration and leaders who are doing something brand.

Available in all fine pharmacies everywhere!;)

-NAL

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
radvolk said:
I agree with you. To be "considered" a good sindico, you really have to deal with just a few things.
  1. Pick Up Residential Trash
  2. Pick Up Business Trash
  3. Make sure the streets are clean
  4. Make sure there is a garbage can so the streets can be clean
  5. Keep the streets free of pot holes (fix the darn streets)

If you can't do any of these things as a Sindico, you are pocketing the money. Really what a Sindico should do is what a Mayor does here in the United States. In the case of the Dominican Republic, a lot of the responsibilities of the Mayor end up on the president's lap. Maybe that's why the country is screwed up!

We expect the president to do everything and the rest of the members of government just warm up a chair or just pick up the trash. Johnny Ventura was a horrible Sindico. I liked him better as a merenguero, now I just don't like him at all. I can't believe he is in the same party as Hipolito.
Please, stop making assumptions.

The masses expect the president to do everything, but of course, the president does not does everything and the president is not responsible for everything.

Perception and reality are two different things.

-NAL

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
But, NalOws------

Under your system of Government, the President IS responsible for EVERYTHING. The Central Government receives ALL the TAX monies then doles it out to the various municipalities in small dribbles for NORMAL maintenence of roads and other infrastructure items, such as trash pickup, etc. So, how can you say that the President isn't responsible. He has the ULTIMATE responsibility for the whole country. That's his job! That his underlings do nothing, or steal half(or more) of their allocations through various means is also hisresponsibility.
I wouldn't be President of this nation on a bet! it'd drive me crazy.

Texas Bill

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I am no PRD lover or member(check my threads on Hippo and the PRD to see there is no love lost) but Roberto Salcedo is just as big of a fraud as Jhonny Ventura.

I live in Gazcue and since Roberto took over my garbage bill went up from $150 to $2600 and my garbage is still there, just as bad as when Johnny was there.

In addition, I have owned a cemetery lot and mauseoleum for 20 years at Maximo Gomez Cemetery and many city mayors came thru and my property was never ransacked or robbed, until Salcedo took over and his PLD sponsored grave robbers stole my entire aluminum door frame, broke the expensive tinted glass to break in, stole the Yale locks to melt them for copper and left me with my mother's grave almost exposed. My loss $20,000.

Did Salcedo fix my door? No sir. I had to buy an iron gate for another $6000 to replace the aluminum door, since anything aluminum will dissappear in Salcedo's administration.
Does Salcedo clean my lot with the taxes I pay? No sir...I have to take care of that myself. I have my own cleanup crew. Doies he cut my grass? Nope!

Now, all "owners"(we don't know if we are owners anymore and if our lot titles are worth beans) have to pay Mr. Salcedo $25,000 pesos everytime you bury your own and demands a 99 year lease on "his" land. It appears he is now telling us that we only bought the right to build our mauseolleums, but not the land. However, Johnny Ventura, Guarionex, Corporan De Los Santos and every city mayor before Roberto never di this to us. Our titles say we own.

Did Roberto asked us Gazcue citizens, and heavily taxed payers, wether we wanted a "Malecon Libre" in Gazcue, mostly to be used by outsiders from the barrios belonging to other municipalities? Have you seen the rif raf from Santo Domingo Norte, Este and Oeste that crowds the Malecon on Sundays? These are the same people who don't pay for garbage collection, electricity or water. We subsidize them. yet Roberto takes over our territory...my territory where I pay his salary, to create a dump full of whores, drug addicts and thieves from other municipalities. Did I ask him to build that mosntruosity over the obelisk and turn it into a christmas tree spending thousands of my hard earned taxes to light it up?

If this is your idea of the best mayor ever?...well.
TW

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Let's face it, Golo100------

This country is still a dictatorship under the guise of a democracy when things such as what you describe still go on.
In essence, the Government, and it's "administrators, still have absolutely TOO MUCH POWER in the exercise of their individual offices.

Shades of the "Pendergrast Machine" in New York, eh what???

Texas Bill