Traveling 28 Jan.

deedee45

Oct 30, 2005
After spending the last two days laughing and enjoying the posts in this forum, I have decided to join so that I can get better use of the information provided here. Also I will be traveling to Puerta Plata 28 Jan. thru 4 Feb. I am traveling alone staying at the Allegro Playa Dorado and would like to meet with anyone else that will be going during that time. This is not my first trip to the DR but after reading the posts in this forum I am hoping to have a better visit as I am now better informed about the area. My main objective is to go whale waching. I used to wait for my friends to find the time and money to travel but I have since wizened up and realize that you may never get to where you want waiting for others. So if there are any other singles that would like to plan some excursions during that time frame let me know.
Thanks
Dee

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
deedee45 said:
After spending the last two days laughing and enjoying the posts in this forum, I have decided to join so that I can get better use of the information provided here. Also I will be traveling to Puerta Plata 28 Jan. thru 4 Feb. I am traveling alone staying at the Allegro Playa Dorado and would like to meet with anyone else that will be going during that time. This is not my first trip to the DR but after reading the posts in this forum I am hoping to have a better visit as I am now better informed about the area. My main objective is to go whale waching. I used to wait for my friends to find the time and money to travel but I have since wizened up and realize that you may never get to where you want waiting for others. So if there are any other singles that would like to plan some excursions during that time frame let me know.
Thanks
Dee

Welcome abord DD.

Chuckuindy

BTW, Is DD your name or cup size;) I am so bad.

deedee45

Oct 30, 2005
You must be psychic!! :eek:
Anyway thanks for the welcome, you guys crack me up and I have spent too many hours reading this forum and not doing college work that is due soon. Life is short, Im having fun.....

deedee45

Oct 30, 2005
Yeah planning on making the trip. I've read tat the tours from the nearby plaza are cheapest. Or would you recommend the gua-gua and setting up the tour directly with Kim in Samana. Cost is definetly an issue as I want to go at least twice.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
deedee45 said:
Cost is definetly an issue as I want to go at least twice.

you'll be burning a lot of hours traveling back and forth between Samana and Playa Dorada..... put some more thought into this. Once might be enough.

Twice to Samana and back on a 7 day jaunt? Yikes. You're not going to have time to enjoy the playa dorada / puerto plata area.

....in my humble opinion...........

tim